• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is there anything wrong with this ebay suit?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These look legit and new to me Dusty (and priced very well). I'd go for it!

muelleran

Reaction score
They sold for $99 and $120.
What would be the retail price? I find that surprising, there were so few bids - only one bid for the $99 one.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These were tough sells, so I'm not too surprised by the prices. Both are small sizes, so there's less demand than for, say, a 40. And one is glen plaid, which is always hard to move on eBay.

Beyond that, Brooks suits don't have the eBay drawing power of brands such as Brioni, Kiton or even Canali.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the jacket was pinned in the back.

mrpologuy

Reaction score
Great deals on those. I hope that you get what is pictured and that it works for you.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked the seller questions which he never answered, so I didn't bid. I can't stand that.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never bid if a seller won't answer questions promptly. If they're like that when the auction's live, what can you expect after they have your money? I always make sure I ask a seller _something_ before I bid, just to test attitude and responsiveness.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
FWIW, it kind of hard to say what they'd go for at retail without knowing which of Brooks' several lines they are from (they have different colored labels, so may be from different lines). They'd be a relative bargain regardless, because Brooks' low-end Brooksease line retails for, I believe, the $300-500 range (although it's fairly easy to get them at Brooks for less than that at frequent sales). Golden Fleece and other higher-end lines retail for substantially more.

Pretty sure these are brooksease. they're almost definitely not golden fleece.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads