• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is there a list of Italian tiemakers anywhere?

asquonk

Reaction score
Hi there,
I was wondering if anybody has a list of Italian tiemakers that they can refer me to. I just discovered a company called Finollo, and another called Fumigalli, and they look wonderful - but I can't find any website that talks about a lot of these tiemakers in detail. I've just been guessing using Google search, and it's very slow.

Thanks!

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off the top of my head:

E. Marinella
Passagio Cravatte
Sozzi
Calabrese 1924
E.G. Cappelli

asquonk

Reaction score
Thanks!
I really love those Fumigalli ties. Do you have any suggestions for other tiemakers like them?

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Biggi
Shibumi
Tie Your Tie
Carlo Franco (too soon?)

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind going outside of Italy and going through a staggering amount of different patterns, I also recommend Sam Hober, which allows you to customize your tie to very specific sizes and tie construction methods. Their prices are also very reasonable given what you're getting.

asquonk

Reaction score
Brax - thanks a lot for that thread, it's very useful.
Mute - thanks for letting me know about Sam Hober. I might get a custom tie from them sometime.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must say that I find many of the Fumigalli patterns to be very appealing. I'll be picking up a few.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
There are simply too many to list.

But I'll add a few to those already mentioned:

F. Marino (Napoli)
Battisti (Napoli)
Petronius 1926 (Milan)

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not so much known but Damiano Presta is high quality. I have many made-to-order pieces in grenadine.

shabbaranks

Reaction score
Hi there,
I was wondering if anybody has a list of Italian tiemakers that they can refer me to. I just discovered a company called Finollo, and another called Fumigalli, and they look wonderful - but I can't find any website that talks about a lot of these tiemakers in detail. I've just been guessing using Google search, and it's very slow.

Thanks!
Try Biagio Santo

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads