• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is pink tweed ridiculous?

antikantian

Reaction score
I was browsing the Holland & Sherry website since I'm in need of some jackets, and some of the tweeds caught my eye:

http://www.hollandandsherry.com/apparel/collections.aspx?season=AW2011&details=HS1188

I'm thinking about #8 and #1 as possibilities. Does anyone have any examples of pink tweed jackets? The only example I can find is on Huntsman's site:

The rest of my Google Image search yielded nothing but women's suits, toy poodle jackets, and the odd handbag, none of which inspire a lot of confidence that pink tweed is, in fact, acceptable. If the wearer makes much of a difference, I'm 27, 5'8", and really skinny. I wear a lot of pink already (but in a conservative way, more traditional pink gingham shirts and such, nothing flamboyant).

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was browsing the Holland & Sherry website since I'm in need of some jackets, and some of the tweeds caught my eye:

http://www.hollandandsherry.com/apparel/collections.aspx?season=AW2011&details=HS1188

I'm thinking about #8 and #1 as possibilities. Does anyone have any examples of pink tweed jackets? The only example I can find is on Huntsman's site:

The rest of my Google Image search yielded nothing but women's suits, toy poodle jackets, and the odd handbag, none of which inspire a lot of confidence that pink tweed is, in fact, acceptable. If the wearer makes much of a difference, I'm 27, 5'8", and really skinny. I wear a lot of pink already (but in a conservative way, more traditional pink gingham shirts and such, nothing flamboyant).

God no. And thats coming from someone who wore a pink suit in college.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I absolutely would wear that jacket just to spite the world, but not with that shirt & tie.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came into this thread thinking it was going to be something god awful. I kinda like that jacket though :D

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Agreed! I would def "try" to wear that. Emphasis on the word try. Spoo, would you wear that?

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could definitely see spoo pulling it off. and then sf fanboys rushing to order their own :D

antikantian

Reaction score

^^^ Agreed! I would def "try" to wear that. Emphasis on the word try. Spoo, would you wear that?

This is biggest concern. The jacket looks good in my mind, but I think that in real life I'd go to my closet with the intention of wearing it, and then at the last second my hand would veer off and pick out something, well, less pink.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is biggest concern. The jacket looks good in my mind, but I think that in real life I'd go to my closet with the intention of wearing it, and then at the last second my hand would veer off and pick out something, well, less pink.

You mentioned that you wear a lot of pink. Do you ever wear pink pants? I ask because I think that would be a good test case: if you can wear pink pants in public without feeling too self-conscious, then I'm sure you could wear something like the Huntsman you posted. Wearing things like pink gingham shirts would be completely different from wearing a pink tweed sport coat, IMO.

I would definitely wear that coat. But I'm a Kantian, so you should take that into account. :)

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Big Bird

Reaction score
Not sure if it is tweed...but I like it.
Would look better with another tie.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads