• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is anybody annoyed by this Brett Favre stuff?

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Brett is an amazing quarterback and there's no denying that. He's one of the best that ever played but this whole retiring and coming back thing 15 times is really getting old as hell. Reporters saw him getting on a plane to Minnesota today. I don't think it's fair that he got to skip out on training camp while all the other players worked. I'm starting to lose respect for him with all the crap he's pulling. What do you guys think?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One of the saddest things in sports is when a great athlete is past his playing days but refuses to achnowledge it. When they add to that retiring and coming back, it just gets tiresome. Magic, Jordan, Ricky Henderson and now Favre? Anyway, if some team wants to offer him a barrel of money, it's easy for us to criticize him, but we would do the same thing in his position.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even edmorel quit spaghetti slurping when he was at peak level performence wise.

Macallan9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
I think Brett is an amazing quarterback and there's no denying that. He's one of the best that ever played but this whole retiring and coming back thing 15 times is really getting old as hell. Reporters saw him getting on a plane to Minnesota today. I don't think it's fair that he got to skip out on training camp while all the other players worked. I'm starting to lose respect for him with all the crap he's pulling. What do you guys think?

There was an article on yahoo as well as msn that said it was pretty much a sure thing that Favre was going to the vikes and would be in the 3rd preseason game.

As for skipping training camp, whatever - he's Brett Favre. What good is it to have him play with a bunch of people that won't even make the team, tire him out, and chance injury? I think when you have his track record you should get a bit of leeway on training camp.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i believe he could still be a top 10 quarterback. after brady, the mannings, ben, brees and sometimes romo and mcnabb, who's better? that said, i hope he stays retired as he has destroyed a 17+ year legacy in about 18 months.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not a football fan by any stretch, but even I'm getting annoyed by it. He needs to **** or get off the pot.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's always amazing to me when athletes think they're going to be the one to play successfully until they're far too old. "Everyone who tried this before me failed miserably? So what! I'm Brett Favre - I'm going to be the exception to the rule!"

Someone should tell them the rule exists for a reason.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only benefit to Favre coming back is for Adrian Peterson.... Now the opposition defense cannot stack the line of scrimmage as much. This is because of the potential for the deep pass (Farve's forte).

S.Rosenfelds and T.Jackson would not force as many players to go in to coverage.

However, i think S.Rosenfelds is pretty good. They should have stuck with him.

track309

Reaction score
He will make all the match ups much more interesting.

Everyone knew this was coming. This is his M-O. He just wanted to miss as much training camp as possible.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
A: Brett Favre is not past the point where he can't play. Is he the best in the league? No. Was he ever? No. Is he still exciting to watch and can he still fire the ball downfield? I guess we'll see how his arm holds up post-surgery.

B: Yes, the media coverage is annoying. But excessive media coverage on anything, whether its Favre, Obama, MJ's death (or life)... etc. is stupid and annoying.

C: That being said, I wish it was over.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads