1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

iPod Cases

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by arenn1, Dec 5, 2004.

1. arenn1

arenn1 Well-Known Member

I've seen people with a lot of cool designer carrying cases/sheaths for their iPods. I'm looking to pick one up, preferrably in leather though I'd consider other materials. Anybody have any good suggestions and/or links? Thx

2. ViroBono

ViroBono Senior member

Mulberry make an extremely nice leather case. Not cheap, but very high quality. Mulberry They have a huge range, and only a few pieces are shown on the website. You will need to contact your nearest shop; most will arrange to send items.

3. drljva

drljva Senior member

Try www.vajacases.com Some of the nicest ipod (and ipaq) cases made... JV

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Goyard, and Dior Homme both have ipod cases.

As well as Fendi, Gucci.

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I do not think you can get a Dior Homme case for an iPod past 2G [​IMG]. I have not found a nice 4G leather case yet. I am using a white plastic hard case (which is working very nicely, so far). On second thought, I looked at the Vaja cases and I am seriously considering a making this purchase http://www1.vajacases.com/vaja....ray.jpg

6. Phil

Phil Senior member

If you are looking for more lower-end Ipod cases, JCrew has some, in a few different colors.

7. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

I have an iSkin - it's not leather, nor fancy, but it's designed very well and comes in a lot of colors

8. drljva

drljva Senior member

I have this one in black. It's quite nice. JV

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I already scratched my iPod (not severely, except for a small, almost barley noticeable on the lower, right hand side of the screen [​IMG] ). I did not know they scratched so easily. I'm going to purchase a case now... There are low cost alternatives shown @: www.ipodlounge.com Jon.

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

You have to be very careful with them. I bought a contour design hardcase immediately, and took my iPod directly from the box into the case. Apple needs to use a different metal for the backing of the iPod (the aluminum on the mini's seems to be working fine). The chrome scratches far too easily.

11. @riss

@riss Senior member

if you're looking for the high-end, there was a Colette Meets Comme des Garcons case that Rei Kawakubo handmade, which was going for 1000 euros, but is all sold out on their website. maybe its on ebay.

12. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Dude with 1000 Euros I can buy a Mac and an iPod.

Jon.

13. Super Fly

Super Fly Well-Known Member

I believe the iPod back is stainless steel. You should be able to polish out scratches with Simichrome polish.