• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone 3Gs or Blackberry Tour?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've gone through several Blackberrys since their first one years ago. However, a week or so ago I switched to the iPhone 3Gs, and I'm very, very happy with it. I don't miss my Bb at all. If you type multiple pages at a time with a Bb, then you might want to stick with it, but if not, I'd switch to the iPhone.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get the iPhone. I just got one after using a bb for 2 years. Don't know why I waited so long. Better internet and media. Excellent device. Only issue is AT&T voice network, which is worse than VZ. I don't make many calls with my iPhone so it does not trouble me.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
Only issue is AT&T voice network, which is worse than VZ. I don't make many calls with my iPhone so it does not trouble me.
The voice issue for me is the volume, as I can't get it loud enough. The only other downside is the battery life after a charge isn't as long as what it was on my Bb. Otherwise, the iPhone is tremendously better than the Bb.

podpod

Reaction score
After playing with both, having an iPhone myself, they have their advantage and disadvantages. A few things I loved with the Blackberry was the speaker phone, it's volume and clarity made the iPhone's feel useless. Mind you I have the 3G model, so the 3GS model might have improved on this. The tactile feel of buttons was very nice and I found that after a few minutes of using the Blackberry (Bold) I was able to type quite fast. With the iPhone, I find the form factor to be an advantage; it feels very slick and great in the hand. The OS on the iPhone is nice to use as well, very minimalistic and the touch screen is great for surfing. I found that no other smart phone on the market has performed web browsing better than the iPhone. Just my 2 cents.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by podpod
After playing with both, having an iPhone myself, they have their advantage and disadvantages. A few things I loved with the Blackberry was the speaker phone, it's volume and clarity made the iPhone's feel useless. Mind you I have the 3G model, so the 3GS model might have improved on this. The tactile feel of buttons was very nice and I found that after a few minutes of using the Blackberry (Bold) I was able to type quite fast. With the iPhone, I find the form factor to be an advantage; it feels very slick and great in the hand. The OS on the iPhone is nice to use as well, very minimalistic and the touch screen is great for surfing. I found that no other smart phone on the market has performed web browsing better than the iPhone. Just my 2 cents.

Yes, I was surprised by the weak volume of the speaker phone on the iPhone. I, too, find it to be useless. However, the web browsing is amazing.

SirWilliam

Reaction score
There is good and bad about both. I choose the Tour because it is better at multitasking than the iPhone. The phone and messaging functions are better on the Blackberry. I can use the BB easily with one hand and I can type much faster and more accurately on the physical keyboard. I also like the expandable memory and I like to change between my BB and a small stainless LG flip phone I have where it is difficult to take the SIM card out of the iPhone...also in terms of security the BB is miles ahead...I can wipe my Blackberry remotely...also I can use what ever media program I want...which is nice because iTunes sucks.

If you want a toy first and a phone second then the iPhone is the way to go...the apps for the iPhone are great and the web browser on the iPhone is also a lot better although it is not as fast at loading pages.

Asterix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirWilliam
There is good and bad about both. I choose the Tour because it is better at multitasking than the iPhone. The phone and messaging functions are better on the Blackberry. I can use the BB easily with one hand and I can type much faster and more accurately on the physical keyboard. I also like the expandable memory and I like to change between my BB and a small stainless LG flip phone I have where it is difficult to take the SIM card out of the iPhone...also in terms of security the BB is miles ahead...I can wipe my Blackberry remotely...also I can use what ever media program I want...which is nice because iTunes sucks.

If you want a toy first and a phone second then the iPhone is the way to go...the apps for the iPhone are great and the web browser on the iPhone is also a lot better although it is not as fast at loading pages.

The statement in bold sums it all up.

ekinwang

Reaction score
i had the same dilemma but found that a BB with a ipod touch is the perfect solution. i can't imagining working without my BB, by far the best communication advice available.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirWilliam

I think it's quite a bit faster on the 3GS. I thought it was kinda slow on my boss' 3G but it's snappy on my GS. Haven't gotten too scientific with the comparisons but I've not been bothered by the speed at all.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Tour, but if I could get an iPhone I would. The only thing that I would miss is BBM. Honestly, there aren't a lot of emails that I need to respond to in less than 10 mins and the longer ones I tend to write on a computer anyways. The OS and the user experience on the iPhone are much more exciting, in my opinion. Battery life on the Tour is better, but I don't think with all the ways to charge it that its much of an issue.

JAPAN

Reaction score
I really want to have iPhone if I have money to buy that, but yeah... maybe later. But I don't think I would buy Tour, because now I already have Bold and I don't think it is worth to buy Tour when I already own Bold

SirWilliam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JAPAN
I really want to have iPhone if I have money to buy that, but yeah... maybe later. But I don't think I would buy Tour, because now I already have Bold and I don't think it is worth to buy Tour when I already own Bold

Yeah I would not really bother if you have the Bold...the Tour has a better camera but it does not have WiFi because it was launched on Verizon...that said Verizon's service is better than AT&Ts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads