• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPad 3

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes old news. But for the amateurs like me now you know

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What model was your original and how and how much did you sell it for? Been tossing around the idea of selling my original iPad and upgrading to the 3.

it was the middle one in memory size, for some damn reason i can't remember...also had the 3G. i took the easy way out and sold it directly to a company ebay lists on their site for less than what they were going for at auction. i got $245 which is about $50 less than what they were selling for.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Got mine last night. 32 gig Verizon, just as I planned. :)

Ended up buying at a Super Target near wear I live. Had to pick up some food and didn't think they had any stock because the online stock checker said no. So if you are trying to find one still, I wouldn't rely on those.

Screen is ****ing unbelievable! :slayer:

A, having one weird issue were some apps are not fully downloading. Not sure why.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I use both hands but when you're lying on your back, using the iPad makes for a cumbersome ritual of constantly adjusting and moving your hands.
I mainly bought this for all th business travel I do and I haven't had to travel for two weeks so I haven't used it in lieu of my laptop yet. Im resuming travel starting next week, so If I find myself increasingly frustrated and yearning for my MBA I'm going to sell this thing.

I have a Mac Mini, MBA, and I just sold my first gen iPad to Amazon. The iPad shines when I'm watching movies on the road or browsing the web in a hotel, in bed, and on the couch during a baseball game. I use my MBA as my everything device. The Mini gets used for long periods of writing, Excel and Word, and long periods of online browsing/research.
I plan on getting the new iPad down the road but I would never relinquish the MBA. I certainly can see a scenario where someone has a desktop and iPad (no laptop).

My company issues me a laptop as my work computer, but I pretty much plan on leaving it in the office and traveling with my iPad. I may take my laptop home on weekends if I want to do serious computing work or something, but that shouldn't happen much. Most of those weekends I'll be in the office anyway.

My opinion on this is that while an iPad can be a laptop replacement for some people, that does not mean it is for all people. These are different types of devices. Each have their own specializations and unique pluses and minuses. No reason at all that a consumer shouldn't or couldn't want to use both in their lives. I may have got my iPad last night, but I still plan to upgrade my four year old Macbook to a new model later this year.

Trying to set this up as a pure "either or" argument is a fallacy. Computers will always be around, but these tablets are going to become an increasing part of people's lives as we go forward.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never going to get rid of my lappy, still need it to do productive stuff. But...I spend far less time on it because I goof off on my iPhone now. Computer has pretty much been relegated to real work only.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Never going to get rid of my lappy, still need it to do productive stuff. But...I spend far less time on it because I goof off on my iPhone now. Computer has pretty much been relegated to real work only.

The keyboard on my Macbook is busted so I am using it like a desktop. External keyboard and mouse. Hooked up to a 27 inch display. Works great as that, for now.

I plan to use my iPad as a couch and coffee shop device. Take it everywhere with me for my needs on the go. Eventually when I get a new laptop, I will see if I take it with me that much. The nature of my current job does not really dictate needing a full laptop on the go.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sweet. I'm pretty set techwise now. AMD quad core desktop for the hard core encoding tasks at home, Core-i5 lappy for working on the go (or at home), Nook Touch for ereading, and iPhone.

Only thing I'm missing is a good way to read color PDF on a full size 10" screen. Since I really have no use for a full size tablet other than that, I'll wait for a 10" to hit a 99 dollar price point, however long that may take.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Got mine last night. 32 gig
A, having one weird issue were some apps are not fully downloading. Not sure why.

Glad you're in love. This still going on? Try a soft reset. Could also be the app store. Had a problem with a download a few days ago. I think it just was overloaded.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Glad you're in love. This still going on? Try a soft reset. Could also be the app store. Had a problem with a download a few days ago. I think it just was overloaded.

I'll try that fix later. Was annoying because apps would say "waiting" and never do anything beyond that to install.

I also got a new wireless dual band N router. Been meaning to upgrade since I have been using the wireless that comes with my U-Verse broadband. Was only G. I don't know if the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S have this, but the new iPad can do 5Ghz N. Something I know the iPhone 4 can't. The spectrum is not that crowded yet and you get blazing fast speeds.

Last edited:

blairh

Reaction score

I'll try that fix later. Was annoying because apps would say "waiting" and never do anything beyond that to install.

I had this problem too a few days ago. Apps and podcasts would simply state 'waiting' and not download. This solved it: Settings/General/Reset/Reset All Settings. No data gets lost.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Both can do wireless N

I know. I am talking the 5ghz version of N. The iPhone 4 can only connect to the 2.4ghz version. Was curious if the iPad 2 could do 5ghz or not. If it can't, then it's another nice upgrade to the hardware.

EDIT: This helps explain why one would want a dual band router and why they may want some devices on the 5ghz spectrum. http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/guides/2011/06/ask-ars-why-do-wireless-routers-still-cost-so-much.ars

I bought a highly rated router from ASUS with dual band N, USB ports for network storage and print servers and gigabit ethernet. Only spent $100, so it was a steal.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I had this problem too a few days ago. Apps and podcasts would simply state 'waiting' and not download. This solved it: Settings/General/Reset/Reset All Settings. No data gets lost.

I have to enter in all my setting again? Not the end of the world, but I would like to be prepared for it.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Got mine last night. 32 gig Verizon, just as I planned. :)
Ended up buying at a Super Target near wear I live. Had to pick up some food and didn't think they had any stock because the online stock checker said no. So if you are trying to find one still, I wouldn't rely on those.
Screen is ****ing unbelievable! :slayer:

Go to purchase food.....walk out with an iPad3 instead. Food is overrated anyways. Hahaha.

Congrats man. Did you cancel your preorder?

blairh

Reaction score

I have to enter in all my setting again? Not the end of the world, but I would like to be prepared for it.

I think these are the only things I had to alter post restore: change my brightness setting, change my ringtone (and any sound setting like email, text, etc), change my wallpaper. I think that's it. Whatever the changes are they are minor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads