1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Inverallan

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by edubs01, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Pretty sure they don't.

2. jet

jet Senior member

why didn't the 1a work

3. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Come to think of it I think you're right. Damn. May have to spring for a few now.

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The 20% sales preview code works on them.

5. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

I think I rushed the try-on. I had a flood of orders come in during Black Friday, many more so than normal because some of things that I like (a few bag brands and some Real McCoys stuff) were on sale and they rarely if ever hit those prices or go on sale. So I had to return some things and I was going to have to make a few choices and I wasn't "feeling" the 1A's fit. IIRC the 40 was a bit snug and short and the 42 was too big for a crewneck. I do however remember walking away thinking that I've been spot on as regards the 42 for the 3A and the 6A which is great because I have about 5 of those combined in total. The other reason it didn't work was that the neck, much as the cuff on the sleeve, was "snug" in that it made the collar on the shirt I had underneath look odd. I would ideally rotate between a tee and wovens (with button down collars), but the latter didn't seem to work (though that was with the collar in, but I'm not sure I'd want it out) Anyway, as a sizing reference I am 5'10" with a 42.5" chest and about a 33" waist (in generic US waists, IE J Crew). I'm a bit broader in the chest/shoulder area and then taper down from the waist. I'm sure most would say "you're a 42 then" just generically, but with Nigel Cabourn I'm always a 50 or if that doesn't work I pass. In fact in that example it amazes me when some guys who are 38-39" chests are buying 50s.

I'll have to give the 1A another punt. After you have Inverallan it's hard to find other sweaters that are suitable. I tried a wide range of RRL last winter and was greatly disappointed. Fits all over the place and the quality in 90% of the cases didn't merit the price and more importantly would have meant a junky looking sweater after minimal wear as one of them already looked that way with the tags on it. I scored a Cabourn fairisle from Yoox at something like 80% off during Black Friday and fit was really poor (my body withstanding) and the quality for the price didn't match up for me. I've had a few recommendations, and I'm going to try one or two eventually, but nothing seems to come close to Inverallan for me. The problem with that is despite getting say some 3As or some 6As and getting different colors, I feel like half my sweaters I now wear look the same bar the type of sweater and color. They look amazing though are holding up better than any other sweater I've ever owned.

Yep, noticed that. Waiting on a few other sales to start but wouldn't mind getting a few.

6. zissou

zissou Senior member

The promo with End is pretty much the best deal you will find. Sizing is always a crap shoot. I once had a 40 1A fit larger than a 42 1A. Just make your best guess, order, try it on, and repeat as needed.

7. jet

jet Senior member

I think the 40 in the 1a would fit me well since my chest is 41 but I always hate constricting collars.

8. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Holding off on a few for now, but had to grab that last 6A in oatmeal in my size. Wore my only 6A, Loden, today for the first time this season and I love it. Got a lot of compliments. Want to buy about five more Inverallans from End right now, but saving my money for other things. I hate paying so much after getting a few from them directly on eBay this past Summer for less than half that, but some of the colors weren't on eBay so if I want them I'll have to grab now.

9. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Some fit questions:

1) Does this season's 6A on End fit slightly bigger than previous years? The chest measurement seems to indicate so. Should I still size up 1 or TTS?

2) Does the 3A fit larger than the 6A? TTS or size one up?

10. JChance

JChance Senior member

11. iotan

iotan Senior member

Probably a bit off-topic (sorry), but I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for where I could get a relatively similar cardigan to the Inverallan ones for my girlfriend. She is a big fan of my Inverallan and 4HM cardigans and would like a similar chunky cardigan for herself(although preferably with a softer material, like merino or cotton, rather than the typical Inverallan lambswool). I realize it will be too late for Christmas at this point, but I am still hoping to find her something similar this season.

On a related note, is anyone looking to sell one of the cable 4HM cardigans from a few years ago in a 40 or 42 (if so, PM me)? My 38 no longer fits me well.

Thanks for any help you all can provide!

12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

13. althanis

althanis Senior member

You could also try Ireland's Eye.

14. jet

jet Senior member

canadian sweater company

15. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  16. JChance

JChance Senior member

Their knitwear looks like it's made by Canadian Sweater Company, which you can easily find on sale online (e.g. American Apparel) or eBay.

I own one and it's actually not that warm compared to Inverallan.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  17. TheJonaz

TheJonaz Member

Will endclothing ever put 3A/1A on sale [​IMG] ?

18. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

They were on sale less than a month ago and it was mentioned in this thread a month ago. ;)

19. TheJonaz

TheJonaz Member

Yes I saw that but I missed it, so I have to wait for the "official" sale I guess. Part of the collection already has 35% off, but it's been a while and the interesting pieces are still full price ;)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  20. jet

jet Senior member

hopefully they will sell out before going on sale like they usually do

1 person likes this.