• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan

aphelan

Reaction score

it's settled, you need to be on the slim side to wear these. anyone else and they are too tight.

looks good ^

Not true. My size 42 6A fits me perfectly and I'm 6'0 and 190lbs. Best knit ever.

aphelan

Reaction score
Fit pic of my Ardara 6A (apologies for the dark pic):

Selfie from Xmas:

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

6A 40

Measurements? Is that a hoody under your 6A?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting that you sized down. Now, not sure what do. I was going to order 40 for my 38" chest.

Personally I think the look is too short and cropped, but maybe that's just subjective. I have a 38" chest and own the 3A in a 40" and it's a nice slim fit but not cropped. I'll get pics someday. Size up one from chest was my experience.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Personally I think the look is too short and cropped, but maybe that's just subjective. I have a 38" chest and own the 3A in a 40" and it's a nice slim fit but not cropped. I'll get pics someday. Size up one from chest was my experience.
I'm 5" shorter than he is, so length is not really an issue for me. From what I am reading in the thread, it seems that most people size up one size from their chest size.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my oatmeal 6A in size 42 the other day, and the fit is great. It fits just like my 1A in 40, confirming my thought that cardis fit a size smaller.

Last edited:

alang

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a 6A. I'm 5'8", 130lbs. 14.5 32 in shirt size, not sure about chest size. I'm hesitating between 36 and 38. From reading the thread, it seems like I should be going for 38? Just want to confirm...

Donut

Reaction score

Thinking of getting a 6A. I'm 5'8", 130lbs. 14.5 32 in shirt size, not sure about chest size. I'm hesitating between 36 and 38. From reading the thread, it seems like I should be going for 38? Just want to confirm...

We're about the same size, if you want the fit that I got then go with the 36(pics in this thread). If you want something slouchier get the 38.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been out of the Inverallan/Strathay loop for some time now, I have two 6As, Sky Blue and grey but I'm thinking about offloading them and going for something like a 3A, how does one go about ordering? Thanks

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can't anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads