• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lauren Renee

Reaction score
Hey! I am Lauren Renee from cypress,california USA. I am the new member of this community and I want to appreciate this because this community makes a platform on which people can share their views and exchange their ideas on Fashion and many other topics
smile.gif

poopsockk

Reaction score
Hey!
Lloyd, Seattle-Washington area. Chinese, skin and bone but working on lean built. Had collarbone length hair before I got it cut. Still looks good but i'm planning on growing it back out. Have a few decent cheap clothes from mall stores and thrift shops. Loads of pieces on my buy list, hoping to grow a few more inches before cracking.
Been lurking other forums for a few months, joining in here now. Heard it's conservative? Hope to learn some new things here with you guys!

Last edited:

iceman76

Reaction score
Hey, everybody! :)

Just registered today, because I have one specific question, but I know about this forum for a long time. So, now I am registered and maybe I can contribute sometimes. Anyway, it is great that places like this exist! :)

xxx

cgobyd

Reaction score
Hello I'm cgobyd (random name generator once spat it out and I've kept it since its mostly not used) and I'm just starting to try to dress up after college.

LSUalum2014

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Samuel and as my username covertly implicates I am a recent graduate of Louisiana State University, History BA, and Political Science BA. I recently married as well back in June 2014 so it has been a busy year for me. I was attracted to this sight after stumbling upon the thrift store bragging thread over on the classic menswear board. Mother and I had always been thrift store junkies and it was interesting to see the same coming from a 10 year ongoing thread.

toplel

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a 50 yo IT geek that currently works @ home & leads a small team of developers. I'm moving to a go-to-work job when my current gig is up - probably about 6 months so I'm accumulating some office clothes now.

Being work-at-home and not being much at dressing myself in the first place, I'm effectively a double noob here to garnish information from those that have a knack for this sort of thing. Um, thanks in advance :p

34 waist, size 40 jacket.

EDIT: I asked from first q here;
http://www.styleforum.net/t/460506/rules-for-blazers-pants-that-dont-match

Cheers

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello fellow forumgoers! I've been following this forum for a few years now and finally decided to make an account. I'm an RL junkie—mainly Polo and RRL. Looking forward to participating after years of lurking
biggrin.gif

scottf

Reaction score
Hi All - I live out in the country in Virginia and dress accordingly. I like simple, masculine and somewhat preppy clothes and shoes. I tend to avoid loud, colorful and what I consider "slick" styles. I guess I am the opposite of urban, metrosexual. Growing up, the crowd I ran with only wore 3 types of shoes -- dark brown penny loafers (the ones with the small half moon coin slot), Clark desert boots and Sperry topsiders. I spent my summers racing sailboats so my boat shoes always had a salty authentic look. We mostly wore corduroy levis, Tattersall shirts and crew neck Shetland sweaters. The winter coat was a stadium coat with horn buttons. In the Spring and Fall months, we might wear a tweed jacket over a sweater with jeans or cord levis. This simple approach to dress has never gone out of style and has stuck with me. At work, I have replaced the jeans and cords with khakis and gray flannels. I have also added some C&J boots, saddle shoes, rough style wingtips to the shoe rotation. I love Barbour jackets and have several. In fact, the horse and hunt scenes where I live have been great influences on my personal style and taste.

I have enjoyed this forum and gotten some great advice on items I'm looking to add to the wardrobe. I also appreciate that style is highly subjective and very much a function of each person's culture and environment.

Look forward to interacting with you folks!

- Scott

winszton

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I have been lurking for a while, reading various threads for advice and recommendation but wanted to join the community :)

-Winston

kennethtaylor

Reaction score
Hello Styleforum,

Ken here in NYC - a colleague recommended this site so I thought I'd give it a try. Looking forward to exploring it a bit more and diving a bit deeper into my interest for menswear. Typically pretty minimalistic sense of style, sticking to classic basics, but a huge fan of outerwear.

Cheers!

Ken

goetti

Reaction score
Hello Styleforum

Just signed up. Got a love for good english shoes and quality made suits. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Regards, Goetti

Mong

Reaction score
G'day all. I'm Sam from Melbourne, and after lurking for a while I thought I'd take the plunge into the slightly daunting classic menswear forum. Looking forward to interacting with you all!

ZeroRomeoBravo

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Zero. I'm a student in the upper midwest. I wear jeans 24/7, and have a love for leather shoes, expecially boots. My style has been discribed as "greaser/country/hipster" although I occasionally dress preppier. I want to dabble into streetwear more. Well, looking forward to this,
-Zero

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads