• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Incheon, S. Korea!!

rsgould

Reaction score
Incheon is home to Korea's beautiful intl airport, some factories, and one of Northeast Asia's larger seaports. There maybe a convention center too--I forget.

Somewhere near Incheon they are building a new city from scratch that is supposed to be environmentally friendly. I haven't kept up with it but I'm guessing the collapse of the won may be slowing that project down a bit.

Incheon is also well known for the highway to Seoul, which is a very fun, cosmopolitan city. It's sort of the poor man's Tokyo in many respects. Incheon is the poor man's Kaohsiung (Taiwan). That is to say, there isn't much going on there unless you happen to work for an international shipping line or Samsung.

So go teach in Seoul. Or Busan, another great city, although more rustic than Seoul and a lot less trendy. Biggest seafood market in Korea.

Also, exchange rate is great right now if you're holding dollars. However, if you get paid in won it's going to be no fun coming back to the U.S.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I finally got my flight booked for Wednesday morning and should be in Incheon in Thursday.
nod[1].gif
This is going to be pretty cool.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the OP was referring to Incheon Airport. I had a chance to see it en route to MLA on Asiana Airlines. Nice airport. I have several friends who lived/taught in Seoul, they either loved it or hated it.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Oh how I miss korea
frown.gif

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Oh how I miss korea
frown.gif

You just casted the I love Korea vote. Are you back in the States?

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
I thought the OP was referring to Incheon Airport. I had a chance to see it en route to MLA on Asiana Airlines. Nice airport. I have several friends who lived/taught in Seoul, they either loved it or hated it.

Well, I hope it's the former and not the latter.

Originally Posted by dizzhizz
good luck to the OP with your one year stint in korea!

Thanks!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Oh how I miss korea
frown.gif

I thought you still taught there...???

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh how I miss korea
frown.gif

Why, is Beijing really that bad? I might get the chance to spend a few months there for work, and while I'm not particularly interested in living in China I thought it would be a good idea to try living in as many places as possible when I have the chance....

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
I was considering teaching S Korea, probably Seoul, but I keep hearing awful things about the pollution.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I finally got my flight booked for Wednesday morning and should be in Incheon in Thursday.
nod[1].gif
This is going to be pretty cool.

Have fun! Watch out for the gun turrets.

aleeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fat-Elvis
I was considering teaching S Korea, probably Seoul, but I keep hearing awful things about the pollution.

I can tell you that with Spring, comes all the yellow-dust from China/Mongolia. Seoul has a permanent and thick haze thesedays. It makes me shudder when i think what the hell I'm breathing in.

oh... OP, don't jump on the Dave's ESL cafe bandwagon and become a hater. Korea is what you make it. You can have fun and appreciate the culture and way of life here. Plus, the aunties and uncles can give you a good laugh with all their funny stories.

jjang201

Reaction score
I have many friends in that program, with the current economy that actually isnt a bad idea

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics