• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inauguration Plans?

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're having a get together at The Gladstone here in Toronto.

cheers.gif

bkk

Reaction score
Any Washingtonians noticing a large increase in douchebaginess this weekend? I don't know if its out-of-towners or the worst coming out of the residents, but I'll be glad once this is all over. I've never seen so much fur in my life. I thought America chose a liberal candidate...
eh.gif

PS - Glad I didn't waste my time going to the Lincoln Memorial for the concert today. I'm watching the broadcast on HBO, and its disjointed and not much of a concert. I was expecting more of a festival of music.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkk
Any Washingtonians noticing a large increase in douchebaginess this weekend? I don't know if its out-of-towners or the worst coming out of the residents, but I'll be glad once this is all over. I've never seen so much fur in my life. I thought America chose a liberal candidate...
eh.gif

PS - Glad I didn't waste my time going to the Lincoln Memorial for the concert today. I'm watching the broadcast on HBO, and its disjointed and not much of a concert. I was expecting more of a festival of music.

I haven't noticed, but then again, I've purposely haven't left my place since Friday night.
smile.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jacksdad
I just heard on the news that the ratio of people to bathrooms is going to be 6,000 to 1. Looks like there's gonna be a whole lot of people walking funny downtown.

Either that or people's memory of the Obama inauguration will be the smell of urine.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
I haven't noticed, but then again, I've purposely haven't left my place since Friday night.
smile.gif

Ditto. Venturing out tomorrow and that's it.

b

bkk

Reaction score
I stuck around in Dupont last night. Decent crowd. Lots of places pulling the "don't let anyone in to create a line and some hype" routine. Not a bad night overall.

Back to the daily grind tomorrow, so my inauguration partying is over.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope everyone had a good Inauguration Day! I was cold for many hours but it was worth it until the poem.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
I hope everyone had a good Inauguration Day! I was cold for many hours but it was worth it until the poem.

Agreed. This agnostic thinks benediction guy blew her clear outta the water.

I don't feel like reformatting, so pasted from the General Chat forum is how things went for me...

bkk

Reaction score
I only heard the poem on the radio, but boy, was that terrible. I don't know of the presentation of it clouded my judgement of the content, but that could have been left off of the schedule. Talk about flat and monotone.

The end of the pastor's "sermon" was a wonderful change of pace from that. "If ya yellow, be mellow". I nearly swerved off of 270 laughing so hard!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by random-adam
Agreed. This agnostic thinks benediction guy blew her clear outta the water.

Yeah, that poem was no good. The Benediction was awesome. Says this atheist.

I'll post photos soon, but I'm still way too tired. Actually you probably all saw me on tv. And at one point heard me.
smile.gif
It was awesome.

b

(edited for correction)

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808

I'll post photos soon, but I'm still way too tired. Actually you probably all saw me on tv. And at one point heard me.
smile.gif
It was awesome.

b

(edited for correction)

Looking forward to the pics.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808

smile.gif
It was awesome.

b

(edited for correction)

Where were you? I was at the Reflecting Pool, silver section.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
Where were you? I was at the Reflecting Pool, silver section.

Let me post some photos and a link later and you'll see.
smile.gif

And as a disclaimer: we did nothing to deserve these seats and pretty much fell into them mostly by luck.

b

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't going to go but I changed my mind Monday morning. I went down to my old Senate office and took a few from the pile of unclaimed tickets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads