• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In Sacramento CA Looking For First Pair of Chukka Boots

TomAllyn

Reaction score
Okay so I'm 52 years old and have never owned a pair of Chukka Boots and I figure its past about time. My budget is under $300. I want a welted sole that can be resoled once worn down. Sorry if I don't know any of the technical terms. I'm not much into fashion and I'm really casual most of the time wearing jeans in in blue or black and a casual button down shirt. I spend a lot of time in the outdoors.

These would be for everyday wear, even though I won't wear them everyday, though depending on how much comfortable they are I may wear them all day on the weekends. I typically wear running shoes to work and take long walks on all my breaks.

I do frequent San Francisco and Berkeley as I go to the bay area for fishing trips monthly so I'd like something I could wear all day around town all day while doing a lot of walking and then rather than carrying another pair of shoes wear them to dinner with a pair of black, grey, or khaki slacks and a sport coat.

By the way I prefer black and if possible I'd like to purchase them at Nordstrom's since its about the best shoe store I know in the area.

Your suggestions will be extremely appreciated.

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Would these fit the bill for me if I replaced the heinous shoe laces with black ones http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/allen-e...-boot-men-online-only/3692056?origin=wishlist

Those are pretty bad. I know you said chukka, but have you considered something like this from J Crew?

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/Kentonshoes/PRDOVR~C8870/C8870.jsp?color_name=acorn

There is a J Crew at Arden Fair Mall, and I am sure they could order them in for you to try. Alternatively, there is always the Alden chukka, but you'll pay close to double your target. Good luck.

TomAllyn

Reaction score
What about these Allen Edmonds in black? Would they be comfortable walking around all day?

Last edited:

TomAllyn

Reaction score
Okay so after some conversations I've backed off buying Black Chukkas. I'm looking for Chukkas under $300 that are recraftable and will go well with grey, charcoal, indigo, khaki, brown.

I don't mind ordering them from England, but I understand the English brands will be well over my budget. I don't want to buy used, because if I happen to have an issue I want to have recourse. They can be suede, but its got to be good quality suede.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads