Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

In Sacramento CA Looking For First Pair of Chukka Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TomAllyn, Dec 8, 2015.

1. TomAllyn

TomAllyn Member

Okay so I'm 52 years old and have never owned a pair of Chukka Boots and I figure its past about time. My budget is under $300. I want a welted sole that can be resoled once worn down. Sorry if I don't know any of the technical terms. I'm not much into fashion and I'm really casual most of the time wearing jeans in in blue or black and a casual button down shirt. I spend a lot of time in the outdoors.

These would be for everyday wear, even though I won't wear them everyday, though depending on how much comfortable they are I may wear them all day on the weekends. I typically wear running shoes to work and take long walks on all my breaks.

I do frequent San Francisco and Berkeley as I go to the bay area for fishing trips monthly so I'd like something I could wear all day around town all day while doing a lot of walking and then rather than carrying another pair of shoes wear them to dinner with a pair of black, grey, or khaki slacks and a sport coat.

By the way I prefer black and if possible I'd like to purchase them at Nordstrom's since its about the best shoe store I know in the area.

Your suggestions will be extremely appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015

2. TomAllyn

TomAllyn Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015

3. gnatty8

gnatty8 Distinguished Member

Those are pretty bad. I know you said chukka, but have you considered something like this from J Crew?

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/Kentonshoes/PRDOVR~C8870/C8870.jsp?color_name=acorn

There is a J Crew at Arden Fair Mall, and I am sure they could order them in for you to try. Alternatively, there is always the Alden chukka, but you'll pay close to double your target. Good luck.

4. TomAllyn

TomAllyn Member

What about these Allen Edmonds in black? Would they be comfortable walking around all day?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015

5. Gauss17

Gauss17 Distinguished Member

Yes, those particular shoes are great.

6. TomAllyn

TomAllyn Member

Okay so after some conversations I've backed off buying Black Chukkas. I'm looking for Chukkas under $300 that are recraftable and will go well with grey, charcoal, indigo, khaki, brown.

I don't mind ordering them from England, but I understand the English brands will be well over my budget. I don't want to buy used, because if I happen to have an issue I want to have recourse. They can be suede, but its got to be good quality suede.