• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In Manhattan 3rd week of Aug. Where to shop?

Syl

Reaction score
I'm in Manhattan for the first time on business for a week on the 3rd week of Aug. I'll be tied up most of the day but will have a day or 2 to myself. I'm looking for advice on what stores to visit.

Obviously I know of 5th avenue but wondering if that's really the best use of my time. Budget is liberal and won't mind some stuff you won't normally see in Toronto.

Syl

Reaction score
Clothing. The usual - shirts, pants. Don't know if by August there will be winter wear out but a nice coat perhaps. Accessories are also a good option - Cuff links, a new wallet!, an ipad :)slayer:)
Don't need shoes. Not looking for jeans or t-shirts. Don't need a suit but hey, won't say no to a great deal on that front.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But like the mc side or the swnd side

Well in either case if it's just pants and shirts stop by Epaulet on orchard. They make some nice stuff

Last edited:

Syl

Reaction score
MC only. It'll be for professional and semi-professional clothing.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pick stores where the AC is pumping and they leave the front doors open. Otherwise you will probably melt. Also, avoid the subway.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These 4 stores should suffice.

Saks Fifth Avenue
Paul Stuart
Bergdorf Goodman
Barneys Men

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Ralph Lauren Mansion on the Upper East side is worth a trip.

I know you said you're not in the market for shoes but I think a trip to Leffot to look around should be on your agenda as well.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads