• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you had to hide $50,000 cash.

paydirt

Reaction score
sealed well in a waterproof bag, under the rocks / sand / debris in a large fishtank.....with some nasty looking fish in there.

even better if it was an outdoor pond full of scum. the more unappealing it looks the better.

henrikc

Reaction score
Uhm, sorry, did not read the first post good enough..
Most tips here will be fine for hiding from your wife or someone you owe money, but the FBI will probably empty that aquarium.

Mblova

Reaction score
In a box of half eaten ice-cream.

blackjack

Reaction score
I think it was in Steven Seagal's first movie where he stashes a video camera with an incriminating tape on it inside the wall of his home. In a typical American home with drywall, this is relatively easy to do -- cut out a piece, place your cache inside, replace the piece and paint or wallpaper over it.

Years later after awakening from a coma, the protagonist manages to return to the home (now occupied by new owners), smash the drywall and retrieve his stash.

For advice on caching items, there is some survivalist information here:

http://www.captaindaves.com/guide/cache.htm

http://www.ssrsi.org/Onsite/cacheguns.htm

(caching weapons and cash have a lot of similarities)

If you're handy with carpentry skills, you might consider building custom caches inside the walls, floors and even wainscoting and/or boiseries. I once shared a flight with a Montana-based survivalist who explained how his home had hidden caches of weapons - custom-built into the wooden floors and brick walls like a Scooby Doo fun house - throughout so that he could readily access his weapons as he made his way to his safe room if he were attacked.

Again, I would opt for gold coins (including those in smaller denominations) like Krugerrands, Canadian Gold Maple Leaf or US Mint American Gold Eagle bullion coins instead of cash or diamonds. Cash is liquid but if the bills are seriously out-dated, they may draw suspicion and invite unwelcome questions on other issues like tax evasion. Also, they are subject to rot, fire and not very portable. Diamonds are compact but not as liquid as one might assume.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wrap the stacks in plastic wrap and put them in bags of bird food in the tool shed in the back yard.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This makes me wonder whether anyone's house at the moment might have cash hidden somewhere without their knowledge. Might even be worth inspection in the shadier parts of the neighbourhood, especially if the house has a history.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Deluks917
If you buried it I doubt it would ever get found.

I think if the FBI came, the first thing they'd look for is signs of anywhere on the lawn that has been recently dug up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads