• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If Hugo Boos shorts fit me perfectly, what other shirts should I consider?

GQhustler

Reaction score
Hi -

I will be looking to purchase many new dress shirts when I move to NY this summer. I am 5'8 and 165lbs; not rail thin, but not fat by any means. I remember trying on Hugo Boss black label shirts in size 15.5 neck and 32/33 sleeve, and I realized that these HB shirts fit me nearly flawlessly.

That said, what other shirts fit similar to HB? I would like to know what options I have on both ends of the spectrum in terms of price. What shirts should I consider that are more expensive than HB and what shirts should I consider that are less expensive? I just want to have more options when I buy shirts than just Hugo Boss.

I would appreciate any help.

plazdiddy

Reaction score
ben sherman actually makes some decent shirts of similar fit to the HB black labels. i know this because we have almost the same exact dimensions. truth be told tho...getting custom shirts are really your best option if your biggest concern is fit. the ones from your tailor will instantly be your favorite shirts. youll never look back.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQhustler
Hi -

I will be looking to purchase many new dress shirts when I move to NY this summer. I am 5'8 and 165lbs; not rail thin, but not fat by any means. I remember trying on Hugo Boss black label shirts in size 15.5 neck and 32/33 sleeve, and I realized that these HB shirts fit me nearly flawlessly.

That said, what other shirts fit similar to HB? I would like to know what options I have on both ends of the spectrum in terms of price. What shirts should I consider that are more expensive than HB and what shirts should I consider that are less expensive? I just want to have more options when I buy shirts than just Hugo Boss.

I would appreciate any help.

Beware the different cuts on different HB models. I used to have some and the fit varies widely. I am also a 15.5 33 and a touch bigger than you and some of them fit like tents.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
Try CEGO (Carl Goldberg who posts as Shirtmaven) for a shirt that fits even better than ANY Hugo Boss.

Ummm, if a Boss shirt fits him flawlessly, how would Goldberg's shirt fit him better?

At any rate, to echo what EL72 said, the fits on the various models can vary. I've tried on shirts with the same neck/sleeve measurements and found some like tents, others to be a great fit. Congrats that you found an RTW shirt that fits you perfectly without adjustments.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
If they really fit you perfectly, I'd stick with those.
+1
If you've found an OTR shirt that fits you really well, I'd buy a bunch to serve as the foundation of your wardrobe. If you want to then fill around the edges by trying different things (including mtm or bespoke), great. But OTR sizing can vary so much imho, that you really should stock up if you've found an ideal fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads