• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

If 40R in Paul Stuart jacket, 40 in Phineas Cole overcoat?

JDelage

Reaction score
All - If I wear 40R in a Paul Stuart jacket, should I get a Phineas Cole overcoat in a 40 or a 42? Of course there's always an option to return & exchange, but it would be very inconvenient for me at this point. This is the overcoat I'm talking about:

Thank you!

JD

christophwa20

Reaction score
Hello,

I am Christopher from Paul Stuart,

The Phineas Cole line is cut slimmer to the body, so we recommend going up a size if you would like to maintain the fit you'd receive for Paul Stuart styles. Please keep in mind that the chest widths are true to size, so going up a size will offer a little more room in the chest.

Thanks

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am Christopher from Paul Stuart,

The Phineas Cole line is cut slimmer to the body, so we recommend going up a size if you would like to maintain the fit you'd receive for Paul Stuart styles. Please keep in mind that the chest widths are true to size, so going up a size will offer a little more room in the chest.

Thanks
Hi Christopher, are you at the Madison Ave. location?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%