• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ideas around Building Business Accumen

Star

Reaction score
Looking for ideas and where to start in terms of buidling executive level business accumen. I am probably underselling myself as I have 10 years in the corporate world but I am starting to engage more and more with very senior people. My goal is not to just engage with them but to be one of them.Business Accument covers many things such as problem solving, being tactical, negotiation, communication, building networks and repoir. Probably want to focus at the moment on the comms side of things i.e. Building repoir and networking. Understand there are countless books out there on various topics and businesses that claim success with exec training. Open to ideas about behaving and performing like an Exec.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HlS72.jpg

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Business Accument covers many things such as problem solving, being tactical, negotiation, communication, building networks and repoir. .

I suggest you learn how to spell "rapport" before you begin studying how to "build" it. :D

Verniza

Reaction score
I always thought it was something you had to be born with.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Start taking on more risk than you would ordinarily do, in a few months you'll get what business acumen actually is..

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience, there is nothing special about top level business executives other than the fact that they happened to be in the right place at the right time or grew up in the right circumstances to position themselves for that career. Other than that, there's not really anything special about them.

Look at all the "top level executives" that ran gigantic companies that have been around for many years into the ground. Combine a booming economy with a large amount of money to play around with and a large staff of people to work with, and just about anyone can do well as a top level executive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads