• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_gsx
I hate the Wings, but I definitely respect them. That is a pretty awesome basement, props to you.

+1 on both accounts. Team of the past decade for sure.

And having met Stevie Y had a huge impression on me and gave me an incredible respect for the Wings' organization. Guy is a class act.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSC_0135.jpg

Is that an original Mrs. Pacman or is it upgraded? And what pinball do you have? Sorry to get off topic.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo

Is that an original Mrs. Pacman or is it upgraded? And what pinball do you have? Sorry to get off topic.

Yes, original. Had to finally replace the monitor a couple years ago, but the rest is original. Pinball is Rocky and Bullwinkle.

To get things back to hockey, here's my favorite pics from yester-year. Detroit Cougars on the river with brownstones in the background. Jack Adams in the background of 1 & 3.

DSC_0142.jpg

A actual brick from the old Detroit Olympia Stadium.

DSC_0141.jpg

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a badass setup, props for that. Stevie Y, Shanahan, and Mike Vernon are all acceptable red wings. Beyond that, **** 'em. Everyone I have ever disliked or hated in my life has been a Wings fan. Not that I hate all Wings fans; its just worked out that way. That and they win all the ******* time. edit: stazy, stop crying, I don't see you calling BS on the habs disallowed goal. Goalie interference is goalie interference.. whether its an innocent tripping attempt or a full-on crash
smile.gif

vexare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
edit: stazy, stop crying, I don't see you calling BS on the habs disallowed goal. Goalie interference is goalie interference.. whether its an innocent tripping attempt or a full-on crash
smile.gif

interference means the goalie was unable to do what he indented, and he just plain out missed the shot. Those pads are so thick, im sure he didn;'t even notice. Can't count the times I try and roof it and the puck gets caught in their pads and they don't even know...have to tell them.

Yes I am biased towards the caps, but it was a ****** call late in a game 7. Still no excuse why their goaltending played like **** and why they didn't score more. Also no excuse how Mike Green got beaten by Dominic Moor for that second goal. One bad call, and many bad plays results in them losing the series.

at the end of the day, one thing matters: BRING ON THE FLYERS!

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talking to the wrong guy here, I'm a goalie so I'm gonna be 100% biased against you
smile.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
That's a badass setup, props for that. Stevie Y, Shanahan, and Mike Vernon are all acceptable red wings. Beyond that, **** 'em.
The entire team from the mid 90's more like... Paul Coffey, Larry Murphy, Vlad Konstantinov, Igor Larionov, not to mention Fedorov who might be the most underrated player of that decade. But Yzerman is just another level, talk about building a franchise around a player. Lots of people hate Ovechkin, Crosby, plenty hated Messier and Jagr and other big names of the past, but if anyone ever had a poor opinion of Stevie Y, I can't respect them as a hockey fan. That basement is nuts. Who's the jersey signed by? Hard to tell the vintage without being able to see the numbers. As for the disallowed goal... define "bad call". It was not an incorrect call, impeding Halak's motion by stopping his skate is, by the book, interference. But it's almost never called that way and to do it in a game 7 3rd period might still be a "bad call" even if it was the wrong one. I don't really think it was, myself, but I can see why others would differ. That being said, the Caps put themselves in a position to lose and have only themselves to blame.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
As for the disallowed goal... define "bad call". It was not an incorrect call, impeding Halak's motion by stopping his skate is, by the book, interference. But it's almost never called that way and to do it in a game 7 3rd period might still be a "bad call" even if it was the wrong one.
that's the thing, it was a weak nudge way at the top of the crease. Would the Canadians have argued if the goal was allowed? Maybe.
That being said, the Caps put themselves in a position to lose and have only themselves to blame.
yup they blew the 3-1 series lead, it shouldn't have come down to relying on bounces like that.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, looks like the Habs fairytale is coming to an early end. Pens came out 100% switched on, Habs didnt... with that hit to Markov and Halak looking a little shaky, looks like this may be a short series. Yeah, its game one, but its still a bad omen.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But Yzerman is just another level, talk about building a franchise around a player. Lots of people hate Ovechkin, Crosby, plenty hated Messier and Jagr and other big names of the past, but if anyone ever had a poor opinion of Stevie Y, I can't respect them as a hockey fan.

As big a fan as I am of the Wings, I feel the same about Sakic from the Av's. Class act all the way around and captain with one team entire career.

That basement is nuts. Who's the jersey signed by? Hard to tell the vintage without being able to see the numbers.

Thanks JD. I have a lot of **** down there that I didn't even get in the pics. I've got team signed jerseys from the SC Wings (97 & 98), 2 All-Star teams, 1 Flyers, 1 Ducks, 1 Dallas Stars. Unsigned 3 Russian team jerseys, a KC Blades signed jersey (IHL), 4 team sticks, signed lithographs, a ton of pucks both signed and unsigned, lots of cool pictures, and too many other hockey items to list. I collected alot of unique and old pics.

Here's a few of those pics I have hanging down there for the teams still in it.

Canadians Globe Jersey 1924-25 (only year for this jersey)
DSC_0148.jpg

1909-10 Canadians
DSC_0155.jpg

1930 Philadelphia Quakers (1 year team, worst record)
DSC_0154.jpg

Eddie Shore (Hanson bro's "old time hockey")
DSC_0151.jpg

As long as Eddie Shore pictured, here's another pic that he was part of creating.
1934 unofficial all star game
DSC_0149-1.jpg

The first NHL All-Star Game, albeit an unofficial one, was held in 1934 to benefit Toronto Maple Leafs forward Ace Bailey, who suffered a career-ending injury. On December 12, 1933, near the end of the second period of a game between the Leafs and the Boston Bruins in the Boston Garden, Bailey was tripped from behind by Bruins defenceman Eddie Shore, in retaliation for a check that Toronto defenceman King Clancy had delivered to Shore. Bailey was not the intended target of the check; Shore wanted to hit Clancy instead. Bailey was badly hurt, unconscious and bleeding. The Leafs' Red Horner took offence to the hit, and subsequently knocked out Shore with a punch. Shore was forgiven after the game when both players regained consciousness, with Bailey saying that it was "all part of the game." However, Bailey would pass out and lapse into convulsions.... more here http://icehockey.wikia.com/wiki/Nati..._All-Star_Game

Sorry to take up the thread with pics, I'll stop after this one.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It makes sense - if you're playing a different team every night you're able to play that kind of game. However, when you're locked into a 7 game series with one team; know your enemy! The Caps didn't and suffered for it. Like the article pointed out, Boudreau is great with the offensive mindset, but fails miserably at playoff psychology. Jacques Martin outdueled him there - he got the Habs to shutdown Ovie and the Caps powerplay, and now look.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
And so begins the biggest series of the second round... this is going to be a mess.

Can't help but resent the Hawks, as the quintessential "we're going to suck for a few years, get a bunch of top 5 draft picks and demolish everyone before we have to sign them for market value" teams. I guess not unlike how eastern fans are annoyed by the success of Washington and Pittsburgh. At least if you lose to the Red Wings you can't say they bought the team or bombed seasons to get it, it's just a good organization.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And so begins the biggest series of the second round... this is going to be a mess.

Can't help but resent the Hawks, as the quintessential "we're going to suck for a few years, get a bunch of top 5 draft picks and demolish everyone before we have to sign them for market value" teams. I guess not unlike how eastern fans are annoyed by the success of Washington and Pittsburgh. At least if you lose to the Red Wings you can't say they bought the team or bombed seasons to get it, it's just a good organization.

The Wings just sucked for 40 years...(55-97). I gotta be honest, don't know if its because of all of their "fans" in every NHL building, but I have a certain affinity for every original 6 team, except them. I don't dislike them, but I find myself pulling for all the others (unless playing my NYRs). Know what would be great, and all Original 6 semifinals...Mtl vs Bos and Det vs Chi...real OLD TIME HOCKEY!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads