• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I like this guy.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully some harm will come to him.

I'm sure there are cranks like this in New York too. They just aren't as visible.

David Copeland

Reaction score
Some folks choose to Love San Francisco. Here is one such reason:

San Francisco to become Gotham for boy's Batman Make-A-Wish

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco is getting ready to transform itself into Gotham City to help make a 5-year-old boy's Make-A-Wish dream come true.

In a rare move, the city and the public will participate in helping Miles, who is battling leukemia, become Batkid. On Nov. 15, San Francisco Police Chief Greg Suhr will ask Batman and Batkid to help fight crime in the city. Miles will then get to spend the day rescuing damsels in distress and capturing villains before being presented the key to the city by Mayor Ed Lee.

Make-A-Wish is inviting the public to participate in the day's events by joining Miles to cheer him on as a flashmob warns Batkid that the Penguin has kidnapped Lou Seal and when he is presented the key to the city at City Hall.

ABC7 News will be on hand covering Miles' heroics and is even playing a special role in Miles' day. Stay tuned!

Good for you, Miles, and the folks who are in on it with you.

My best to all,

David

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do believe a certain menswear store is anxious about the Penguin ransacking their bespoke vault on that date.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BatKid story is pretty great. Had some issues driving downtown this morning and didn't realize BatKid was keeping the city free of crime. In unrelated news, also saw my first live Aventador on the streets of the city - 20 something kid driving an orange without a lot of precision in SOMA.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sweet story.

On another note my last NYer in SanFo friend has left the left coast. Once my wife and I left it seemed to have started an exodus. In the last six months three couples have followed us, the final yesterday. Her departing email, "I turned the lights off before I left."

Gentlemen, the city is yours.

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Isn't that the point of this thread?

Honestly, I really missed snow. City slush not so much.

lefty

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
SanFo has apparently gotten too baller for the NY crowd to hang. :)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndavid20224