• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need streetware

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as in ghetto/hip hop streetwear. I've been convinced to go to the club with some of my bredrens from yahd. A very urban club playing mainly dancehall & rap and populated by urban folks. I've decided on my outfit which will consist on indigo jeans, wheat construction Timbs, a navy Yankee fitted. Now onto my question I need a safari shirt but from a brand that has shirts in XXL as I'd like it to be baggy, though not like the white tees some wear. Anyone know a store or brand who carrys these, I see people in Harlem with them on, but I rarely see them anywhere else and have no idea where they come from.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Too good for ecko, fubu, sean john?

Go to Champs sports or Finish Line or one of those sports stores like that in malls. They always have really large sizes, tall tees and plenty of pink and camo colors. Any time i'm there for hoops stuff i see a ton of them. I don't know what you mean by safari shirts.

No sure if thats the correct name , but they are similiar to Safari jackets just short sleeved. I don't care what brand its by really, long as it looks good.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Do you have a picture you can post of what you're looking for?

Very similar to this except no belt and short sleeve.
usw_bushjacket3.jpg

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
Very similar to this except no belt and short sleeve.
usw_bushjacket3.jpg

That is sort of nice. P.s. what is a "yahd"? Edit: If what you are looking for is some sort of short sleeved shirt with epaulettes, that cannot be that hard to find; maybe Orvis?

lowrey

Reaction score
you need to buy new clothing to go to a club once?

and to go to this club, you need to dress differently than you usually do?

I mean, I understand sort of altering your style a bit to fit the purpose, but buying a bunch of clothes for an event like this seems a bit odd.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to go to a fair number of hiphop clubs in and around LA. I dressed how I normally dress, for the most part. The only concession I ever made was to ditch my sneakers for boots, as some urban clubs don't allow sneakers.

lowrey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I used to go to a fair number of hiphop clubs in and around LA. I dressed how I normally dress, for the most part. The only concession I ever made was to ditch my sneakers for boots, as some urban clubs don't allow sneakers.

yeah I mean I've been to several more "urban" clubs (that sounds a bit cheesy) around the world along with hiphop gigs, parties and whatever, I might alter my style slightly if I want to fit in better but never really felt the need to wear an all out costume.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
That is sort of nice.

P.s. what is a "yahd"?

Edit:

If what you are looking for is some sort of short sleeved shirt with epaulettes, that cannot be that hard to find; maybe Orvis?

Yard = Jamaica

I thought Orvis but I wonder if it would be baggy enough.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yard = Jamaica I thought Orvis but I wonder if it would be baggy enough.
Well, iirc you are not that large, are you? You could size up. Orf course being that I am a foreigner living in Tucson I cannot give you much more as far as suggestions are concerned, really
blush.gif
Now if you wanted ideas on how a stereotypical chicano gangbanger, hippie, emo kid, old fogey or trashy gringo dresses, I could help you
tongue.gif
Edit: m@T's idea of thrift shop is a good one. Especially if you will rarely wear this piece otherwise... Edit 2: Damn it. Just read you original post again. XXL. Hmm.... Edit 3: How about this? http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...0018775902465a

mizanation

Reaction score
as in ghetto/hip hop streetwear. I've been convinced to go to the club with some of my bredrens from yahd. A very urban club playing mainly dancehall & rap and populated by urban folks. I've decided on my outfit which will consist on indigo jeans, wheat construction Timbs, a navy Yankee fitted. Now onto my question I need a safari shirt but from a brand that has shirts in XXL as I'd like it to be baggy, though not like the white tees some wear. Anyone know a store or brand who carrys these, I see people in Harlem with them on, but I rarely see them anywhere else and have no idea where they come from.
dude, just because a club only plays dancehall and rap doesn't mean you can go in wearing regular street clothes. depending on the club, they might have a no sneaker or no boots policy. many have a no-hat policy and some have a no t-shirt policy. many urban clubs now have very strict dress codes. it will be very ironic if you are the only one that can't get into the club because you had preconceived notions about streetwear. *EDIT* why are you asking people on style forum? just ask the people you're going to the club with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads