I Need New Shoes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NaTionS, Apr 26, 2008.

1. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

I need some recommendations for new shoes. Now before everyone starts telling me to use the search function, I have searched through previous threads but haven't really found them useful.

Back in highschool, I'd always just wear white K-Swiss but I think I need to get past that now. What are some brands I should look for? I prefer a white and/or black, clean look and nothing that's too hypebeasty. I wear jeans most of the time, sometimes chinos or khaki shorts.

Searching through older threads, this shoe caught my eye so I'm looking for something similar. Also, what are people's opinions of the shoe from Guess?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dekayte

Dekayte Senior member

Most people are going to automatically tell you this.

-Common Projects
    -Spring Court
    -Converse

3. whacked

whacked Senior member

Searching through older threads, this shoe caught my eye so I'm looking for something similar. Also, what are people's opinions of the shoe from Guess?

First pair (Rod Laver): a BIG yes, get the vintage version (Adidas Originals line) if you can.
    Second pair (Guess): styling would've been okay without the Guess logo. Quality is below par, as usual with all Guess stuff. A definite no.

4. choptreesv

choptreesv Senior member

5. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

That shoe is surprisingly low-key for something by Guess, but that skechers-esque pair of stripes rubs me more than slightly the wrong way. If you're going for minimal, perhaps you should look past attention-hogging embellishments like velcroe straps? I just bought myself a pair of SpringCourt b4 midtops, and I dig their clean look, even though they so far seem really hard to break in. Adidas's Vintage Stan Smiths also work-- just make sure they're the vintage model, since you get better leather and a more streamlined feel.

6. jkennett

jkennett Senior member

east coast to west and back to east. currently res
    I agree with the stan smith recommendation. I have a few pairs and wear them almost daily. rod lavers aren't a bad shoe either.

7. mtgguy777

mtgguy777 Well-Known Member

somewhat off topic but what are your opinions on dunks, af1's, etc. with jeans?

8. Smokestack

Smokestack Senior member

I'm partial to the Adidas Forest Hills 72. Very breathable for the summertime and they break in beautifully.

9. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the look of the stan smiths and I'll be getting a pair but one question first, they seem a bit narrow, should I go up 1/2 a size if my feet are kinda wide?

As for the rod lavers, I can't seem to find the white on white style in the first picture. The closest would be this, I still like the simplicity of it.

[​IMG]

10. why

why Senior member

I have a pair of Stan Smith Adidas Originals. Cool, but not my favorite shoe. I thought the leather would be better.

My favorite shoes at the moment are Bikkembergs. Say what you want about Eurotrash -- the low profile, comfort, and sleekness totally offset all the often undue criticisms of the clothing line.

11. whacked

whacked Senior member

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the look of the stan smiths and I'll be getting a pair but one question first, they seem a bit narrow, should I go up 1/2 a size if my feet are kinda wide?

As for the rod lavers, I can't seem to find the white on white style in the first picture. The closest would be this, I still like the simplicity of it.

[​IMG]

just so you know, the ones in the pic are rod laver vintage, which are much sleeker than the regular rod lavers you posted in your pic, which are pretty bulky. The site whacked posted and other UK sites are probably the only place you can get them.

13. atomicranch

atomicranch Senior member

14. Clench Million

Clench Million Senior member

15. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member