• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just bought a... (non clothing item)

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Nice watch Andrew, but count me among those who have had difficulty with servicing. I thought replacing the crown would be fairly easy, but so far no luck.

Just bought a 300GB external HDD from tigerdirect.com, $100 after rebate. Music and movie storage.

Tom

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
I've been considering a Piaget Altiplano in white gold.

pic pls?

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always loved the look of the Rolex Submariner in stainless steel (I know some people's opinions of Rolex aren't very high, but I love the look). However, I came to the conclusion that, with two children to send through college, it wasn't an option. Thus, I recently picked up the Seiko SKX031K2 Diver: http://www.bluedial.com/gg/SKX031K2.htm. I really like it.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JBZ, I've been really close to buying a similar Seiko automatic for awhile now. If only I could choose between that and Japanese denim!

It's actually this one: Seiko SKX009K1. I've coveted it since ernest posted his a long time ago. I may, like him, sub a cloth strap.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
I am now contributing to the piece's patina like its prior owners
smile.gif

you have to drench it in blood every now and again to really get the patina to where it should be
devil.gif

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shoreman - I like that one, too. I did my research before I purchased the Seiko, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well rated the diver watches are considering the price.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
you have to drench it in blood every now and again to really get the patina to where it should be
devil.gif

LOL!

Roger that. I'll try to remember to practice my kata next time I have a nosebleed
laugh.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Either this:

10509.jpg

Or this:

10814.jpg

I'm particularly fond of the dauphine hands on the round one. It also comes with a black dial.

If you want a much cheaper alternative to Piaget for the Bauhaus look, go to the up and comming German brand out of Glasshute (huge watchmaking rennaisance there), Nomos. Look up the Tangomat... in house movement, stunning looks... they are all the rage with WIS right now. For about $1500...

For the tank, consider a JLC.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
If you want a much cheaper alternative to Piaget for the Bauhaus look, go to the up and comming German brand out of Glasshute (huge watchmaking rennaisance there), Nomos. Look up the Tangomat... in house movement, stunning looks... they are all the rage with WIS right now. For about $1500...

For the tank, consider a JLC.

Good call on Nomos.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was recommended Klaus by 'Paul December' on pmwf.com - he had only good things to say about the service. said that one time Klaus actually replaced a watch for him, rather than repair it.

(i hope paul doesn't mind me blabbing.)

/andrew

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by faustian bargain
I was recommended Klaus by 'Paul December' on pmwf.com - he had only good things to say about the service. said that one time Klaus actually replaced a watch for him, rather than repair it.

(i hope paul doesn't mind me blabbing.)

/andrew

Nice., I will keep that in mind, thanks Andrew. Prices are not too bad either; it is amazing how expensive those watches are getting, no wonder the originals go for so much on eBay nowadays.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads