• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Sometimes I buy flowers for my own apartment. They look pretty and smell nice. Y'all are the weird ones if you don't like flowers.

Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Fo real.

I may buy some tonight.

Planted some this weekend.

Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I adore orchids. Roses are classic and while they are overexposed, I still like them. I love Morning Glories as well -- especially Little Violets. Primroses and lilies. There are days where I enjoy sunflowers too. You can't go wrong with flowers really.

HAHAHAHA YOU'RE ALL GAY FOR LIKING FLOWERS!

ah ****

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I adore orchids. Roses are classic and while they are overexposed, I still like them. I love Morning Glories as well -- especially Little Violets. Primroses and lilies. There are days where I enjoy sunflowers too. You can't go wrong with flowers really.

I enjoy the austere beauty of the tulip. The variegated tulips affected by the potyvirus, or "breaking virus", are particularly stunning. The tale of Tulipomania during the Dutch Golden Age is quite fascinating.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I like a good tulip. The lavender ones are my favourite. Yellow tulips are stunning as well. If I ever break-up with a girl, tulips will probably be the flowers I buy after the whole ordeal. They have a calming effect on me unlike any other flower.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
And please, I haven't felt The Pain since I was a pup in high school, convinced that my girlfriend and I were "different" and we were gonna "make it." She left me for a gigantic African god.

Originally Posted by mm84321
Man, that must have been painful.

You mean for him or for her?

WAKA WAKA!!!!!

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
sorry to hear that mellowfellow

i need a relationship mentor
frown.gif
someone should PM me!

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
honestly me too, I'm real good at getting laid not so good at relationships

+1 I have some pretty dire commitment issues.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Date her again but bang girls on the side. It will probably make you a lot more happy in the long run. Plus, you can always rock her world if you need to.

I don't have a problem doing that at all if it weren't someone I care about so deeply after all. It just doesn't feel right to ME.

And mellowfellow, I can't imagine what you're going through mate.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 I have some pretty dire commitment issues.

Then don't commit? Doesn't seem particularly difficult.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Then don't commit? Doesn't seem particularly difficult.

I've considered that approach, but I have an inner-conflict. There is a girl who I've known for quite some time, and has expressed interest in me, only I have never pursued a true relationship, despite having strong feelings for her as well. For some reason, I am more attracted to her the further away I seem to be. It's strange, part of me wants a relationship, the other does not.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope you're doing ok, mellowfellow. It does suck, but if you feel like you both need to grow on your own, it's probably the best for the moment at least. I've gone through a few terrible breakups in the past 6-7 years, including a marriage, but I feel like I'm a much more solid, confidant, and happier person in the end.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've considered that approach, but I have an inner-conflict. There is a girl who I've known for quite some time, and has expressed interest in me, only I have never pursued a true relationship, despite having strong feelings for her as well. For some reason, I am more attracted to her the further away I seem to be. It's strange, part of me wants a relationship, the other does not.

Sounds like standard human **** to me. You like the idea of dating her, but don't want to commit. The closer you get to committing, the more the issues with commitment outweigh the idea of dating. The less you have to worry about commitment, the more you get to enjoy the thought of dating. I did this for a bit.

pstoller

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
Girlfriend and I of six years broke up over the weekend. We have so much love for each other but we need some growing to do on ourselves apart. This hurts so much. Right now I'm having a hard time believing in myself that i can move on.

You can. Not without pain, of course, but you can. Two things to remember: first, the end of a successful relationship is not the same thing as failure; second, the end of a couple is not the end of the individuals.

pstoller

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
I just don't know how to tell someone gently that I was unaware you had to acknowledge anniversaries when you break up with someone
Not only don't you have to, but it's inappropriate to do so. So, simply say"”gently"”that you don't celebrate anniversaries after a relationship ends.

If she really wants flowers from an ex-boyfriend, she should go break up with someone who feels the same way about it as she does.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveliynfindlay