• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am going to California!!!!

King Salmon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
It's actually a talk box performed by Roger Troutman, the mastermind behind 1980s funk group Zapp & Roger.
Tell me more about this Trout man.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alan B.
This sounds weird but consider yourself lucky. Many years ago I wanted to go to UC Berkeley based on its reputation and history, even though I never visited the place. A few years ago I got a job one block from campus. I hated the atmosphere of the school and the students! Glad I went somewhere else.

Housing is hard to find, the students are not friendly and I've seen more liveliness at community colleges. My partner went there for his undergrad and he didn't like it.

Things work out for the best.

Well, your experience is hardly universal. Although I expect the experience of working near the U. but not being a student is pretty tough to compare actually being a student there.
I spent seven years as a student at Cal (yeah, I'm a bit slow
wink.gif
, and I look back on the experience with great fondness. But like most things in life, it's obviously not for everyone.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
on Ken Kesey's bus?

Any day, dude!

Or maybe we can track down one of the two different VW buses I helped dispose of -- in two very different fashions -- near People's Park.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
The 24-hour hotdog place rocks like none other. .
+1
A couple of brats from Top Dog followed by a crumb donut bar from Kingpin Donuts will always be one of my ideal meals.

wilson brother

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wanted to give you and update about my situation..well I told my girls father that I would work for his company
plain.gif
. I'll be starting there before Christmas. Since I am a top producer at my old job I could really make a difference with his company
bigstar[1].gif
but I rather be more like the Guy and not let this agression stand-
boxing[1].gif
from these people trying to kill my California dream
confused.gif

-Danny Wilson

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He handles papers. Business papers.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
NR, you're slipping. This is the second allusion that I've made today that you've messed up. "Papers. Business papers" is a quote from The Big Lebowski.
Younger Cop: And was there anything of value in the car? The Dude: Oh, uh, yeah, uh... a tape deck, some Creedence tapes, and there was a, uh... uh, my briefcase. Younger Cop: [expectant pause] In the briefcase? The Dude: Uh, uh, papers, um, just papers, uh, you know, uh, my papers, business papers. Younger Cop: And what do you do, sir? The Dude: I'm unemployed.

wilson brother

Reaction score
Hey Guys-

Even know I am in the USA
nod[1].gif
I have not been to California yet
frown.gif
. I think I might sneak away from my girl
lookaround.gif
nest.gif
and take the midnight train to Hawthorne, CA. I hope to find Gary Usher out there
thumbs-up.gif
and write some tunes
cool.gif

-Danny Wilson (the Guy)

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the theremin part in "Good Vibrations".

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Are you sure you still want to go to Hawthorne?

Hawthorne is where it all began, dude.
cool.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics