• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't put my finger on why, but I think it looks really good on you. Not usually fond of slimmer silhouettes, but damn, there's just something funky there!
thank you. Yes I think it is quite an interesting silhouette. There is a juxtaposition of elements that somehow works together. Usually when you see a slimmer-cut body, you expect slim trousers and slimmer lapels, for example. Here the trousers are relatively fuller, the lapels and pocket flaps large, and the shoulders quite structured. Overall a slightly louche look IMO.

Last edited:

schraiber

Reaction score
Photos of the suit mentioned above with white shirt + black grenadine tie + black chelsea boots.

It definitely feels structured.
The jacket is not long, though it is a little longer than most RTW jackets in a similar size nowadays (30" versus 29-29.5").
The sleeves are on the narrow side. They are just wide enough for my fairly skinny arms.
Trousers are a little fuller than typical nowadays; the drape is good and the trousers seem balanced with the jacket. They don't fit me perfectly in the seat but this is a problem that I have with most RTW trousers.

I like the silhouette but this model is definitely cut for slimmer folks (I am 5'10", 145 lb, 37" chest and this is a size 38).

Any comments/critiques are welcome.

View attachment 1771895
View attachment 1771896
View attachment 1771897
I think this looks pretty good! Agree that the length looks good here, even if the actual measurement isn't that long.

Do you mind getting out a measuring tape and telling me what the width of the leg opening is? They don't report it on their site.

Edit: Nevermind I see on the website that it's 8.3 inches, surprisingly wide given the slim fit of the jacket!

Last edited:

kylepw

Reaction score
Photos of the suit mentioned above with white shirt + black grenadine tie + black chelsea boots.

The jacket is not long, though it is a little longer than most RTW jackets in a similar size nowadays (30" versus 29-29.5").
The sleeves are on the narrow side. They are just wide enough for my fairly skinny arms.
Trousers are a little fuller than typical nowadays; the drape is good and the trousers seem balanced with the jacket. They don't fit me perfectly in the seat but this is a problem that I have with most RTW trousers.

I like the silhouette but this model is definitely cut for slimmer folks (I am 5'10", 145 lb, 37" chest and this is a size 38).

View attachment 1771895
View attachment 1771896
View attachment 1771897
Those boots look a little beefy for that suit silohuette, but I dig the suit! Looks great on you.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those boots look a little beefy for that suit silohuette, but I dig the suit! Looks great on you.
I appreciate the comments! Yes I think the chelseas might work better with the charcoal turtleneck. Here is a photo with black captoe oxfords:

Husbands front 5 captoe.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1771895
View attachment 1771896
View attachment 1771897

i’m 5’7”, 140lb, still think 36 might be a bit too long for me, else would definitely like to give a try. I like the oversell flare of the suit

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think this looks pretty good! Agree that the length looks good here, even if the actual measurement isn't that long.

Do you mind getting out a measuring tape and telling me what the width of the leg opening is? They don't report it on their site.

Edit: Nevermind I see on the website that it's 8.3 inches, surprisingly wide given the slim fit of the jacket!

I think it’s just what people are used to, if you can find a 2007 RLBL suit, jacket would be just as slim as today but pant leg opening is probably 8.25 on those, same goes for most Paul Stuart Phineas Cole until say 2011?

I would much prefer if mainstream suit stick around 8in for my size EU46 (odd trouser I can do slimmer)

Autre Vue

Reaction score
Something I really like about the silhouette of this suit is that I think it works better with less conservative fits. The following two outfits are a little outside my usual comfort zone but I was trying them out. View attachment 1771899 View attachment 1771900
The fit is excellent, perfect length on those trousers.
Going back and forth between your first and second fit posts, you can tell that the cut just about toes the line between conservative and a “play” suit (à la Simon Crompton’s article on cocktail attire). I don’t work in corporate but to me your suit and tie look works for an office where you’d want to stand out from the Suitsupply crowd, and the rollneck look wouldn’t be out of place on a Saturday night out.

Autre Vue

Reaction score

They have other models:

This one looks like a hard 3:
View attachment 1771903

This one has hacking + ticket pockets
View attachment 1771904

I don’t know if it’s some kind of 3-roll-2 fatigue, but I actually love the idea of hard 3 worn casually. Hard to picture with the styling on the website, but with some boots and a knit t-shirt it could look quite chic.

Not a hugr fan of the hacking and ticket pocket look though, feels a bit too British rather than French.

Autre Vue

Reaction score
i’m 5’7”, 140lb, still think 36 might be a bit too long for me, else would definitely like to give a try. I like the oversell flare of the suit
I feel you. I’m even shorter than you so a lot of RTW is very challenging—it was pretty much just Saint Laurent in the Hedi Slimane days or Japan-cut Ring Jacket that worked. The special order at Husbands was the only way I could’ve made it work, but I don’t know it would work without a visit to the shop. Perhaps a trip to Paris is in order?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt