• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to Pick a Good Chiropractor

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in need of a chiropractor. Anyone know any good tips for weeding out the ones that will make you walk with a limp?

tlmusic

Reaction score
A good chiropractor can really improve your health. I have really benefited from my chiropractor's treatments.

I found out about him through word of mouth. When enough people said he was good, I then decided to take the chance.

Maybe you could ask around. Lots of personal rave reviews is a good sign. Mixed reviews mean stay away.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tlmusic
A good chiropractor can really improve your health. I have really benefited from my chiropractor's treatments.

I found out about him through word of mouth. When enough people said he was good, I then decided to take the chance.

Maybe you could ask around. Lots of personal rave reviews is a good sign. Mixed reviews mean stay away.

This is how my mom has picked previous ones and they turned out to be pretty good. I used to just borrow hers.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are you absolutely sure you need a chiro?

last year i was in a car accident which caused sharp pains in my back. after one visit to the chiro, i felt worse. on the second visit, she left me waiting for almost half an hour after my appointment time, so i walked out, and never went back. after a couple of weeks my back healed by itself. just tossing this out to you. i think you are young enough to heal yourself if you just listen to your body.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
are you absolutely sure you need a chiro?

last year i was in a car accident which caused sharp pains in my back. after one visit to the chiro, i felt worse. on the second visit, she left me waiting for almost half an hour after my appointment time, so i walked out, and never went back. after a couple of weeks my back healed by itself. just tossing this out to you. i think you are young enough to heal yourself if you just listen to your body.

I just want an alignment. You obviously went to a ****** one. Nothing feels better than a proper alignment.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
I just want an alignment. You obviously went to a ****** one. Nothing feels better than a proper alignment.

if you've already had a proper alignment, why don't you go back to the one who gave it to you?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you've already had a proper alignment, why don't you go back to the one who gave it to you?

Here's the rub... he hurt is back (oh the irony) and isn't doing adjustments anymore.

rxcats

Reaction score
I go to a chriopractor mainly for migraines. It works for me. The guy I go to is good and doesn't try to sell vitamins, do x-rays or other things to pad the bill. His office is in an older medical building on Van Ness at Jackson. He shares an office (Pacific Heights Wellness Center) with an MD/acupuncturist (I've never tried that) and message therapist. He also takes some insurance plans. http://www.phwellnesscenter.com/

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the rub... he hurt is back (oh the irony) and isn't doing adjustments anymore.

laugh.gif

i would assume he has a good chiro. i would ask him who he is seeing.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He also moved closer to San Francisco.

but this brings up a good angle. if an alignment is truly beneficial, then chiros would have someone to perform it on them. why not ask him who he had give him alignments before he moved? makes sense, no? it's like asking your dentist who his dentist is. he can't do it himself.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but this brings up a good angle. if an alignment is truly beneficial, then chiros would have someone to perform it on them. why not ask him who he had give him alignments before he moved? makes sense, no? it's like asking your dentist who his dentist is. he can't do it himself.

Yeah but I need someone local. And a willing chiro won't tell me who does his chiro. And if he is a ****** chiro then maybe his is ****** too since **** tends to stick together. I hope they aren't like chefs and eat at greasy spoons. The greasy spoon of chiropractic medicine would be interesting to say the least.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i always look for one who is affiliated with a hospital or an osteopath's practice. mine is one of only 2 on the staff at north shore on long island.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I actually found my chiropractor on CraigsList, but she is a graduate of Palmer College in Iowa which is one of the top chiro schools in the country - plus she's really hot!

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
I actually found my chiropractor on CraigsList, but she is a graduate of Palmer College in Iowa which is one of the top chiro schools in the country - plus she's really hot!

Does she give happy endings?

I found my osteopath by recommendations from multiple friends.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads