• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How skinny is too skinny?

tunnelrat

Reaction score
If you're Pete Doherty and your ex is Kate Moss, than you may actually really wear her jeans..

ryan24

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
the front rise at 10" is low but doable. the back rise looks to be very low and the rest of the jean is cut WAY to skinny. not funny.

you think 10" rise is low?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peter1
Any wide deviation from the 501 fit qualifies as a trend,

plain.gif

As for these, thigh is fine but I hate the super-small hem. The rise is actually pretty generous, but I assume that the hem measurement given there must be cm and not inches.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be a 6.625" (16.8 cm) hem? It's small, but it's not unheard of. According to Blue Owl Workshop, the Triple Works tapered cut has a smaller hem than that in sizes 28 - 30. http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7998101 I probably wouldn't wear something with a hem that small because I'm not sure I could get my foot through the leg opening, but I don't find it objectionable per se.

ramp

Reaction score
The hem is a bit small, but I don't mind it. Too skinny for me is when you have a visible outline of the calf muscles. Something about it just makes me uncomfortable.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha when i read that on huffpo i thought it was a joke

well here is the proof.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peter1
Any wide deviation from the 501 fit qualifies as a trend, and thus is era-dependent. In the late 60s/early 70s the style was skinny as eff to the knee, then a big flare. And reference the Ramones in 1978...ouch...those are basic 501s sized down like 3...

It's also true that spandex will make skinny jeans pretty comfortable. As has been pointed out before nearly all women's jeans have 1-2%. Women hate diaper butt more than men...

you think 501s havent changed over the years?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like many male SAs you see in any "trendy" store. instead of dudes buying girl jeans in larger sizes, they can just kop "unisex" cuts

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
A 6.625" hem is really not that small. A size 27 DH 19cm will net you approximately a 6.5" hem. Still, no one above a 30" waist should wear those Levi's. I have a pair of McQueens that have a 6.25" hem, but I also have tiny tiny ankles to go with my tiny tiny feet so... YMMV

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
uncontrol you made my day iwth that.

why urbanaesthetics thinks his name is j kissi?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads