• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How often do you actually buy stuff from the B&S forum?

xudisco07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by countbaron
Barkers Black (yes quality sucks but they look good) for $240
Huh? How so?
confused.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
daily. I seek, find, and then destroy my savings with every purchase

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy more from B&S than from stores and other online sites.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of my clothes except socks and underwear were bought online. About 50% of the stuff came from B&S. So:

1. 1 suit, maybe 3 or 4 sport coats.
2. 5-6 pairs of shoes.
3. 4-5 shirts.
4. 10-15 pants.
5. 20-30 pocket squares and ties.
6. Several cuff links.

etc.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by countbaron

Shoes

C&J Benchgrades for about $200
Royal Collection Church's for $400
Custom grade Church's for $280
JLP (non prestige) for average $550
Ferragamo Tramezzas/ LO for $300/$240
Barkers Black (yes quality sucks but they look good) for $240

I wont bother you with trousers/coats and I don't buy suits since i don't need/want to wear them

A bit out of point but no one has been able to answer me here, so - how much exactly is Northampton selling the JL Prestiges?

I also notice tons of JL Prestiges and St Crepin available online lately (not counting sellers selling non S or R stock). Is JL clearing their Prestiges from Northampton?

I have seen and got JL online (probably from Northampton) for like 150 to 200 pounds, not Prestiges of course. So not sure about your 550 price tag.

Lastly, you are in London and you dont wear suits for work? Strange.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Oh yah, Zegna Couture and RLPL shirts for 100 is a damn sweet price, even if in sterling pounds.

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huge amount of great deals but unfortunately most of them are not my size. I wish I am still growing.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never been on B&S...

Jermyn

Reaction score
I live in London and work in Mayfair.
I walk past Jermyn Street, Savile Row and Bond Street on my lunch break every day.

Still, I'm always on B&S.
I've picked up G&G, Vass and EG shoes for cheaper than what I can get here.
(Vass and G&G don't have outlets and the EG Factory store is, relatively speaking, quite expensive).

I've also picked up an RLPL sportscoat and suit for considerably less that retail.
Aside from the fact that you have to wait in a long line to get in, the Bicester RL outlet has very few RLPL items and has never stocked shoes of any description when I've been there.

Cucinelli is another brand which goes for around 20% of retail on B&S.
Even at TK Maxx, Cucinelli polos are £109. I've picked up a BNWT SC for just over double that on B&S.

You can certainly get some great deals in London but we don't have a monopoly.

Wolfador

Reaction score
usually my size stuff isn't listed so I just look for ties and shoes. So far after only being a member for a month or so I have bought 1 tie.
bounce2.gif

countbaron

Reaction score
for JLPs I gave an average because again things change. You can get loafers at £200s most days- you can get non prestige very nice styles at £350-450 most days, and in special days u can get them at £250s.

Prestiges I never saw below £500s- but i dont go every month

As for people calling shoes from factory shops low quality seconds, I can only say that if you know shoes you can always get shoes that I will bet you coundnt tell the difference if they were in Jermyn St.

Even the ones that are damaged are often displayed with no care- in 5 minutes you can make the same shoes look so much better but they dont bother

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads