• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how much do you pay for internet access

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$60 for Verizon evdo access, employer pays for most of it though.

Used to pay $100+ a month for a fast DSL pipe. I miss it sometimes.

makushin

Reaction score
$50 for 10mbps. I don't know if this is good or not. I can stream HD though which is pretty sweet.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because I live in a backwater country, $40/mo. for 5M up/1M down.

Actual speeds are shamefully slower.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$40/month for a T-3 shared by my condo building, of which maybe a 3rd of the residents are subscribers to to it.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Juno. 56k for FREE biatches.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Free with rent, but the connection is not very stable. I had Time Warner up until a few weeks ago, and it was around $30 a month (I think that was for 7MB). I may go back to TW, as much as I despise that company.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Around 50 for 5mbps.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Free with rent, but the connection is not very stable. I had Time Warner up until a few weeks ago, and it was around $30 a month (I think that was for 7MB). I may go back to TW, as much as I despise that company.

I miss Time Warner too. Sometimes you don't know what you have until you've lost it.

I had them for years and then they actually traded out markets around the country with Comcast. TW gave up Houston and now it's Comcast territory. I pay Comcast about 44.95 for High speed with a supported combo modem router supplied. I think it's rated 10/2.5 ( but is never really that fast when checked on speedtest.net ).

Comcast is just terrible for customer service. Really one of the worst. I'm always on the phone with them and doing resets. I've never liked DSL ( offered by SBC here ) and I'm waiting for ATTs cable high speed to become available in my area ( it's called Uverse, and I've heard good things about it.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm paying a shitload in NYC, just for some slow ass interweb access. **** TimeWarner.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics