• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many pairs of shoes do you own and what style?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
yah, please **** off

lol8[1].gif
right!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcal_indy
Tricker's Stow, Burnished Coffee (Leather Soul) Tricker's Stow, 2-Tone Scotch Grain (The Bureau) Alden Indy 403 Alden Snuff Suede Chukka CP Achilles Low White CP Achilles Low Vintage Navy Quoddy Burgundy Maliseet Oxford Quoddy Navy Blucher Dayton Service Boot, Charcoal Nubuck (coming soon... sort of) MMM GAT Low, White Clarks Desert Boot, Sand (had for months but haven't worn...) Black Chucks PF Flyers Hi & Lows 2xFerragamo dress shoes (one black, one brown) Other: Blue Suede Sperrys, Asics running shoes, Sambas, Generic Surplus sneakers, a bunch of Toms, North Face hiking boots Upcoming buys: Alden #8 Plain Toe Boot on Plaza JL Monks Maybe more Tricker's
nice collection. if you decide to sell any of the aldens or trickers let me know; we have the same shoe size
smile.gif
btw, lol at clarks db not being worn. especially since you have an alden suede chukka

norcal_indy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
nice collection. if you decide to sell any of the aldens or trickers let me know; we have the same shoe size
smile.gif
btw, lol at clarks db not being worn. especially since you have an alden suede chukka

Thanks and I'll keep that in mind. Funny thing about the Clarks... they were in my Amazon shopping cart for like four months and then I did a "one button buy" for something else and the DBs showed up with my order and I figured I'd just keep them.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks and I'll keep that in mind. Funny thing about the Clarks... they were in my Amazon shopping cart for like four months and then I did a "one button buy" for something else and the DBs showed up with my order and I figured I'd just keep them.
can you return them? clarks db is a good shoe but if i picked up a pair of similar aldens, i wouldnt look back

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This thread reminds me I need more shoes!
ffffuuuu.gif

norcal_indy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
can you return them? clarks db is a good shoe but if i picked up a pair of similar aldens, i wouldnt look back
Maybe... it might be too late. Either way, I'm inclined to hang on to them as a beater shoe for when the weather sucks. I can't imagine choosing to wear them over the Aldens, though. The Alden chukka is probably the most comfortable shoe I own.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here goes:

AE Park Avenue, black
AE Cambridge, walnut
AE Winnetka, brown loafers
Alfred Sargent (for Shipton & Heneage) Berkeley, black loafers
Fratelli Rossetti Cotto, brown wingtip monkstraps
J&M Brennan, gray wingtip
Ecco beater dress shoes, black
Ecco beater dress shoes, brown
Camper beater loafers, brown
Camper leather sneakers
Simple (brand) canvas sneakers
Jack Purcells, blue leather
New Balance gym shoes
Nike hi-tops (for bball)
Keen Austin
Keen Newport H2
Clarks DB, brown
Asolo TPS hiking boots
Orvis fly fishing boots

on order: Pantofola d'Oro, brown boat shoes

Fred

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really shaved down my collection:

Black AE captoes
MMM white Hightops
plain old garden variety GATs

Need some black boots :/

filcol

Reaction score
People will hate me
tongue.gif
Not many "SF" shoes..

Clarks DB
Red Wings

Marc Jacobs white low
Adidas Ciero Grey
Adidas Sambra brown
GATs
Chucks black
Chucks blue
Chucks black leather

datz it.

Before any1 asks about dress / formal shoes: I'm 16 yo, i don't need dat ****!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by filcol
People will hate me
tongue.gif
Not many "SF" shoes.. Clarks DB Red Wings Marc Jacobs white low Adidas Ciero Grey Adidas Sambra brown GATs Chucks black Chucks blue Chucks black leather datz it. Before any1 asks about dress / formal shoes: I'm 16 yo, i don't need dat ****!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

learn to speak english by the time you are 17. what the **** is "dat?" stop acting like you live in the ghetto yo ... this is a fashion forum.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by filcol
Haha I was just kidding
smile.gif
I can speak normal (I hope).

it aight. i just barely learned the english this year. but im a slow learner and a little bit marsupialed ... but not like the helmet wearing marsupial.

norcal_indy

Reaction score
Tricker's Stow, Burnished Coffee (Leather Soul) Tricker's Stow, 2-Tone Scotch Grain (The Bureau) Tricker's Keswick, Navy an Coffee (Leather Soul) Alden Indy 403 (For Sale) Alden Snuff Suede Chukka CP Achilles Low White CP Achilles Low Vintage Navy Quoddy Burgundy Maliseet Oxford Quoddy Navy Blucher Dayton Service Boot, Charcoal Nubuck (coming soon... sort of) MMM GAT Low, White Clarks Desert Boot, Sand (selling) Black Chucks PF Flyers Hi & Lows 2xFerragamo dress shoes (one black, one brown)
^Updated with some new Tricker's. I'm also selling my Indys (not getting much wear), the Clarks DBs (unworn) and some other shoes that I bought as beaters.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads