• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many pairs of jeans do you own?

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Pike Brothers 1937 Roamer Pant
Edwin Nashville
Lee 101S
Edwin ED 47 Rainbow Selvage
Japan Blue 0706
Japan Blue 0700SP
3sixteen ST-220
Gustin Super Heavy
Gustin Japan Umber
Gustin Grey Silk
Gustin Indigo-Indigo (backed)

Wow - that is one super cool collection!
Any pics?:)

elimmie

Reaction score
Wow - that is one super cool collection!
Any pics?
smile.gif

JB0706

Adroit

Reaction score
My disjointed collection of jeans is a product of an overzealous desire to overhaul and rehabilitate my wardrobe, coupled with a well established Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and an initial gross lack of knowledge. Five years ago, I had five pairs of the exact same uninspired Faconnable jeans, and I had just purchased two “fancy” jeans (I will not mention the brand, and I no longer own them) because my friends were teasing me for my complete lack of diversity. Then, as I undertook to revitalize and reconstitute my casual wardrobe, I became aware of the myriad of jeans that were available. Unfortunately, my initial introduction to jeans was through traditional department stores and, as such, my initial foray into jeans consisted almost entirely of the more common, popular, mainstream brands (e.g., AG, 7, Joes, etc). After loading up on these jeans, I was introduced to selvedge denim, Japanese denim, Cone Mills, and the myriad of esoteric brands. As I researched and learned more about these non-mainstream jeans, my focus completely shifted. Today, I rarely wear my mainstream, non-selvedge jeans. I have not yet pursued raw denim (primarily because I do not have the patience to break them in and, with the number of jeans I own, it would take me many years to do so). That said, I have not ruled it out.

With that as a backdrop, I currently have the following jeans hanging in my closet (I am not listing jeans that are tucked away elsewhere) – I will list them in alphabetical order:

AG: 8
Agave (selvedge): 1
Citizens: 4
G-Star: 2
Hudson: 2
Jean Shop: 2
Joe’s: 4
LVC: 2
Made & Crafted: 2
Natural Selection: 1
Nudie: 5 (2 LAB)
PRPS: 2
Rising Sun: 3
Rogue Territory: 1
RRL: 7
7/Mankind: 3
Simon Miller / NSF: 4
Stronghold: 3
Textile: 1

Total: 57

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My disjointed collection of jeans is a product of an overzealous desire to overhaul and rehabilitate my wardrobe, coupled with a well established Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and an initial gross lack of knowledge.  Five years ago, I had five pairs of the exact same uninspired Faconnable jeans, and I had just purchased two “fancy” jeans (I will not mention the brand, and I no longer own them) because my friends were teasing me for my complete lack of diversity.  Then, as I undertook to revitalize and reconstitute my casual wardrobe, I became aware of the myriad of jeans that were available.  Unfortunately, my initial introduction to jeans was through traditional department stores and, as such, my initial foray into jeans consisted almost entirely of the more common, popular, mainstream brands (e.g., AG, 7, Joes, etc).  After loading up on these jeans, I was introduced to selvedge denim, Japanese denim, Cone Mills, and the myriad of esoteric brands.  As I researched and learned more about these non-mainstream jeans, my focus completely shifted.  Today, I rarely wear my mainstream, non-selvedge jeans.  I have not yet pursued raw denim (primarily because I do not have the patience to break them in and, with the number of jeans I own, it would take me many years to do so).  That said, I have not ruled it out. 

With that as a backdrop, I currently have the following jeans hanging in my closet (I am not listing jeans that are tucked away elsewhere) – I will list them in alphabetical order:

AG:  8
Agave (selvedge): 1
Citizens:  4
G-Star:  2
Hudson:  2
Jean Shop:  2
Joe’s:  4
LVC: 2
Made & Crafted:  2
Natural Selection: 1
Nudie:  5 (2 LAB)
PRPS:  2
Rising Sun:  3
Rogue Territory:  1
RRL:  7
7/Mankind:  3
Simon Miller / NSF:  4
Stronghold:  3
Textile:  1

Total:  57

What a great collection!!

Wish I had 57 pairs!!

I've got my eye on another 2, to bring my collection to 9, then another jeans ban!:)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I have around 16 and I know 4 of them was 3 years ago when I was into Rocawear jeans but now I only have levi's.

16 is a good collection and if they're mainly Levi's you're set up for quite a while!

I don't know Rocawear - is it an American brand?:)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Now I own 6 pairs (and my health is a bit better, thank goodness!)

21oz Kurabo Selvedge jeans

Pure Blue Japan 1069-2-PP

Naked and Famous Glow in the Dark

Naked and Famous Cashmere stretch

Naked and Famous Super Slub stretch

On order:

19oz Kurabo Selvedge jeans

Again on a jeans ban, but will probably break it with Momotaro Old Blue Selvedge jeans!:):)

Momos were too big, but my parents have bought for my birthday on Saturday

3sixteen+ natural Pima cotton denim jeans - these are gorgeous!

This gives me a total of 7, but I still have 2 more on my wishlist....when I get to 9, which is my lucky number, I'm going on another self imposed jeans ban!

Hopefully I'll be able to update soon again, but so many jeans, so few days in the week!!!:)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Momos were too big, but my parents have bought for my birthday on Saturday

3sixteen+ natural Pima cotton denim jeans - these are gorgeous!

This gives me a total of 7, but I still have 2 more on my wishlist....when I get to 9, which is my lucky number, I'm going on another self imposed jeans ban!

Hopefully I'll be able to update soon again, but so many jeans, so few days in the week!!!:)

Update to 8 pairs and jeans ban imposed until 1st January 2016!!!!!

Ordered 3x1 Kaihara XX133 black Selvedge denim jeans in size 23", the day before my birthday!

Now no more jeans until 1.1.2016:)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Update to 8 pairs and jeans ban imposed until 1st January 2016!!!!!

Ordered 3x1 Kaihara XX133 black Selvedge denim jeans in size 23", the day before my birthday!

Now no more jeans until 1.1.2016:)

I made my jeans ban on April 18th 2014, to last until January 2016, and already I've seen more jeans..

If I keep the ban, it will be a total miracle...I'm not known for my willpower!

Already I want to break it and it's not even May 2014!!!:)

malaysian

Reaction score
Only have 6 pairs of jeans and most of them are raws...haven't broken in all of them yet but I'm already thinking of what to buy next

1.) Nudie slim jims (indigo raws)
2.) Nudie grimm tims (indigo raw)
3.) Nudie Thin Finn (organic black)
4.)APC Petit Standards (indigo raw)
5.) APC Petit Standards (black)
6.) DIor Homme MIJ 19cm raws

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Only have 6 pairs of jeans and most of them are raws...haven't broken in all of them yet but I'm already thinking of what to buy next

1.) Nudie slim jims (indigo raws)
2.) Nudie grimm tims (indigo raw)
3.) Nudie Thin Finn (organic black)
4.)APC Petit Standards (indigo raw)
5.) APC Petit Standards (black)
6.) DIor Homme MIJ 19cm raws

You can never have too many pairs of jeans!:)

What are you planning next?

djt00

Reaction score
You can never have too many pairs of jeans!
smile.gif

What are you planning next?

What a great collection!!

Wish I had 57 pairs!!

I've got my eye on another 2, to bring my collection to 9, then another jeans ban!
smile.gif

Why would anyone need 57 pairs of jeans?

There's a difference between owning and wearing something. I always want to get rid of stuff if I haven't worn it in a month or two. I have 3 pairs which are not even raw and wear jeans everyday. Also, most of the jeans looks better when they are actually worn.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Why would anyone need 57 pairs of jeans? 

There's a difference between owning and wearing something. I always want to get rid of stuff if I haven't worn it in a month or two. I have 3 pairs which are not even raw and wear jeans everyday. Also, most of the jeans looks better when they are actually worn.

I agree jeans look better worn - I love jeans but only have 8, although I wear jeans exclusively, so that I can rotate all of them!:)

But I could easily find 57 that I wanted!!!

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I don't really see nothing wrong with having that many of jeans. 

They'res nothing wrong with having 57 pairs of jeans - some people have several. Hundred!

If we were all the same life would be very boring..:)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeeandthelostboys