1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many pairs of jeans do you own?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robbie, May 23, 2007.

1. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Very bad news

Boyfriend won't buy jeans

So stuck at 11 pairs

V disappointed:-(

2. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Have cancelled date with him - told him to go find a 17 year old who likes Hotpants!!!

Hope those 3sixteens are still available when I need new jeans!:)

3 people like this.
  3. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Aww that sucks. :(

♫♪Hit the road jack ♫♪

4. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

And don't you come back no more, no more, no more!!

Trouble is he does after a while every time!

Really disappointed about the new jeans, though...

5. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Of course i made it up with him and reinstated our date!

Unfortunately he still intends to buy me the shorts, although he said he would buy me my jeans in the future!!:)[​IMG]

6. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Boyfriend has ordered me the WORST denim shorts in the world, so I guess 12, but I've told him that unless he buys me a "real" pair of jeans, I'm binning the shorts!!!

No I will NOT be going a fit pic of denim hot pants!!!(next time I send a pair of jeans to the Jeansmuseum , they go too as a bonus!!:)

7. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Luckily not arrived yet..probably on Thursday:-(

When is he going to buy me some real jeans???

8. meso

meso Senior member

9. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

10. Armand

Armand Active Member

I've loaded up on jeans lately, with a preference for Levi's 513.

And while I don't really get into higher end jeans, I came across a pair of True Religion straight jeans in dark blue at Nordstroms. Tried them with my desert boots and really liked them actually.

Best part. Labor day sales + clearance equal only $53. Marked from from nearly $200. Now I call that a bargain.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  11. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I agree - great deal! What Levi's did you get/how many pairs do you have in total? I'm expecting 2 pairs of jeans, and possibly ridiculous denim shorts in the post today:) Then hopefully one more pair from crazy boyfriend, then denim ban!

12. Armand

Armand Active Member

Lately I'm all about the 513's because they fit perfect, but in the last 2 months I've gotten quite a few pair from a couple of brands. Slim Straight being my preference. I just gave away tons, with current remaining count being like 12 pair.

13. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Sounds like a similar size to my current collection, depending on future willpower!

Today I'm just wearing my jeans to go to the doctor, then home to pj..:-(

14. meso

meso Senior member

This may be obvious, but you could always post only to one.
    Use the force, Luke.

15. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Jeans look fresh! Sweet deal man! :D

16. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I know, but different members post to different threads so that's why I do it!

3x1 custom Japan Blue Salvadge Charcoal Grey warp/black weft and
    3x1 custom Cone black jeans

Arrived yesterday - sz 23" but both need tailoring when I'm over this horrid flu:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Luckily denim shorts not arrived yet - but boyfriend pretending he hasn't been paid so he doesn't have to buy my last pair if jeans before ban-haha:)

17. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Nobody - please could a moderator merge the 2 threads to save double posting?:)

These are my beater jeans ATM...my 2 year old PBJ purple face..I need to pick another pair for when they're washed, so that I can alternate, as I did in the first half of the year with 2 N and F pairs - cashmere stretch and Glow in the Dark, both of which I trashed and then they got contaminated in hospital with MRSA, boiled and sent to my friends denim museum to exhibit!

I don't want to spoil my best jeans, so I'm considering my Yoox bargain J Brand Deep Purple skinnies, although they're too big and pick up cat fur so need frequent washing..

Otherwise I'll have a try on session when my PBJ 's need washing and find another comfortable pair to wear on a daily basis- so many jeans, so few days in the week!:)[​IMG]

18. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Sadly my collection remains at 11 plus a long wishlist..

I've decided not to include the ridiculous denim Hotpants, but to donate them to my friends denim museum

My boyfriend promised me a pair of jeans this week but pretends he hasn't been paid!!!

Hit the road Jack, as Snoopy rightly commented...

Do I go on a denim ban, or choose a pair from my current wishlist?

Yesterday I paid for my ring, plus my cats are ill, plus I want to clear off a credit card this month and cancel it, so if I've got enough willpower then it's denim ban time - no jeans until at least 2 pairs beaten to death:-(

19. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Boyfriend Still claims he hasn't been paid!!!!!

But wants to see me next Saturday so has offered inexpensive jeans for now, plus expensive jeans "when he gets paid!"" Haha

So pair no.12 hopefully ordered today - or no date!!!!!!!!:)

20. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Despite claiming penury, boyfriend ordered me 3sixteens yesterday to entice me out on date next Saturday

Promised Japanese pair once he's been paid (absolute garbage, he's a senior clinical pharmacologist, he could buy out BiG or SE!)

Also getting either indigo or black jeans (will find out on Monday) as was sent wrong size - but get to keep both pairs, although one is so big it's like clown pants..don't know if it's possible to tailor them because they're so big!

Hotpants will not go into my wardrobe when they arrive - they'll go in a package for when I next send worn out jeans to my friend's denim museum!
    Waste of good denim!

Once all new pairs in stock, should be at 14, but think I'll be kept dangling by boyfriend for last pair!

Then denim ban!