• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Wing0

Reaction score
1861F2DD-BFD2-437D-AF2C-5D883DB9406B.jpeg

End of the month wrap up. Good marathon prep and even better taper. Race day is Saturday and I’m ready to sub 3 26.2

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back after hamstring recovery - 16km (just under 10 miles) today at easy pace (just over 6/km). Speedwork tomorrow and then I want to get in a tempo and a long run before we leave on Sunday. It's already spring here, and the cherry blossoms are almost out. I'm really going to miss this - apparently it's still freezing back home.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.2 miles with the dogs. It’s beautiful out today, with temps in the upper 50s. Of course, the trails are still mucky.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simple 1k intervals in Yoyogi Park last night (the track is closed for two weeks for repairs). Said goodbye to my club. Sad.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I was in the Seibu department store in Ikebukuro yesterday, and of course I checked out the sports section - and what do you know? They had a load of older model Brooks shoes for $30 a pair! So I picked up a pair of Ghost 9s - these are much plusher and with more of a drop than the Asterias I've been running on recently. And they also last at least twice as long too, apparently. So ideal for the increased distances (at slow pace) I plan on running this year. I'll keep my (new) Asterias for speedwork, tempo and racing. I also counted up the distances I've run since I got my current Asterias and it is right at the top end of the lifespan that people seem to think they have. I wonder if the foam has got a more compressed and hardened now, and whether than might be yet another factor in my sudden recent spate of hamstring injuries.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I was in the Seibu department store in Ikebukuro yesterday, and of course I checked out the sports section - and what do you know? They had a load of older model Brooks shoes for $30 a pair! So I picked up a pair of Ghost 9s - these are much plusher and with more of a drop than the Asterias I've been running on recently. And they also last at least twice as long too, apparently. So ideal for the increased distances (at slow pace) I plan on running this year. I'll keep my (new) Asterias for speedwork, tempo and racing. I also counted up the distances I've run since I got my current Asterias and it is right at the top end of the lifespan that people seem to think they have. I wonder if the foam has got a more compressed and hardened now, and whether than might be yet another factor in my sudden recent spate of hamstring injuries.

Ghost 9's? Talk about old. I am running in 12's currently but love the 12mm drop as it fits my running well.

I got in 7 miles Monday, had work travel tuesday (tornado missed us but devastated some areas in Nashville), then got another 7 miles in yesterday.

Getting in afternoon miles this week as I am working from home and the office is closed.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7 miles at lunch. Decided to lower my segment time on Strava and took off 20 seconds. I don't know who set it up but it is an odd segment and the times aren't very fast.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ghost 9's? Talk about old.

Not quite 4 years - I guess that's 'old' in terms of commercial product cycles - and I always try to buy NOS models of whatever I use. Very little has changed substantively in that time for the Ghost, which has always been a bit old school anyway. That's what I want. And for $30, it's a ridiculous bargain: I don't think I'd buy a pair of 12s at full price just to try them out. I'll be probably be wearing them in a couple of years' time, if the Ghost turns out to be what I need!

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran 8 miles yesterday morning (without the dogs). I was going to run longer, but I wasn't feeling it. It was also the warmest weather I've run in since Autumn, and I think I was a bit dehydrated going in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads