• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you think this suit fits? Please do let me know!

johnshaw

Reaction score
Hi I have just brought this new suit from Frencheye what do you think to the fit?

zty_07

Reaction score
I think the sleeve length is good. Can you comment on the fit and fabric quality of Frencheye?

JRStyle

Reaction score
Sleeve length looks good to me, but the area around your biceps looks to have excess cloth.

Not sure if you have sloping shoulders, but the jacket appears to be an inch or so too big in the shoulders.

johnshaw

Reaction score
Do you think this suit will be good for interviews does it generally create a good image?

Noboru

Reaction score
Unless you're interviewing for something in the fashion industry, you'll be fine. You wear your suit better than many people. I agree with the posters above about it looking a bit big in the arms and the shoulders, but it's not really that noticeable.

johnshaw

Reaction score
Thanks how do you mean it's too big in the arms? And how would you rate the fit out of 10.

On a side note I have been very impressed with Frencheye the quality is absolute fantastic for the price. 100% italien wool for £160!

hirschlederne

Reaction score
Photos with the jacket closed and your arms hanging straight please. Also, a side shot would be good. :)

JRStyle

Reaction score

Thanks how do you mean it's too big in the arms? And how would you rate the fit out of 10.

On a side note I have been very impressed with Frencheye the quality is absolute fantastic for the price. 100% italien wool for £160!

There is an excess amount of fabric bunching up around your upper arm/bicep area. For the most part, your sleeves shouldn't bunch up that much when you cross your arm over your body like that.

I give it a 7 out of 10, its average for what I would expect in an office. Considering the writing in the whiteboard behind you, I take it you're in sales or a customer service call center or something along those lines. The fit and look is average for what I would expect in that kind of environment.

If you could get a tailor to taper the upper arm area if the sleeve, I'd give it a 9 out of 10. If the shoulder was an inch shorter, it'd be a 9.5/10 out of 10.

The amount break in your pants looks great by the way. If I HAD to nit pick, I would say the shoes you're wearing throw off the balance since they look much bigger and wider than than your slim tapered pant legs. But it's hard to tell from the picture, and again I'm nit picking at this point.

Last edited:

johnshaw

Reaction score
Here is another pic? Still 7/10 and yeah I'm in sales but it's pretty high end business to business not call centre.

johnshaw

Reaction score
I will take some more pics but by looking at the suit in the latest pic above what would your first impressions be?

powerkicker

Reaction score

I will take some more pics but by looking at the suit in the latest pic above what would your first impressions be?

That you need to button your jacket to show your silhouette at its best and so we can actually see how it fits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads