How do you think this suit fits? Please do let me know!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnshaw, Jul 10, 2014.

1. johnshaw

johnshaw Well-Known Member

Hi I have just brought this new suit from Frencheye what do you think to the fit? [​IMG]

2. johnshaw

3. zty_07

zty_07 Senior member

I think the sleeve length is good. Can you comment on the fit and fabric quality of Frencheye?

4. JRStyle

JRStyle Member

Sleeve length looks good to me, but the area around your biceps looks to have excess cloth.

Not sure if you have sloping shoulders, but the jacket appears to be an inch or so too big in the shoulders.

5. Balfour

Balfour Senior member

6. johnshaw

How would you rate the fit out of 10

7. johnshaw

Do you think this suit will be good for interviews does it generally create a good image?

8. Noboru

Noboru New Member

Unless you're interviewing for something in the fashion industry, you'll be fine. You wear your suit better than many people. I agree with the posters above about it looking a bit big in the arms and the shoulders, but it's not really that noticeable.

9. johnshaw

Thanks how do you mean it's too big in the arms? And how would you rate the fit out of 10.

On a side note I have been very impressed with Frencheye the quality is absolute fantastic for the price. 100% italien wool for £160!

10. hirschlederne

hirschlederne Senior member

Photos with the jacket closed and your arms hanging straight please. Also, a side shot would be good. :)

11. JRStyle

JRStyle Member

There is an excess amount of fabric bunching up around your upper arm/bicep area. For the most part, your sleeves shouldn't bunch up that much when you cross your arm over your body like that.

I give it a 7 out of 10, its average for what I would expect in an office. Considering the writing in the whiteboard behind you, I take it you're in sales or a customer service call center or something along those lines. The fit and look is average for what I would expect in that kind of environment.

If you could get a tailor to taper the upper arm area if the sleeve, I'd give it a 9 out of 10. If the shoulder was an inch shorter, it'd be a 9.5/10 out of 10.

The amount break in your pants looks great by the way. If I HAD to nit pick, I would say the shoes you're wearing throw off the balance since they look much bigger and wider than than your slim tapered pant legs. But it's hard to tell from the picture, and again I'm nit picking at this point.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014

12. johnshaw

Here is another pic? Still 7/10 and yeah I'm in sales but it's pretty high end business to business not call centre. [​IMG]

13. kulata

kulata Senior member

Button your jacket with arms hanging like a robot.

14. johnshaw

I will take some more pics but by looking at the suit in the latest pic above what would your first impressions be?

15. powerkicker

powerkicker Senior member

That you need to button your jacket to show your silhouette at its best and so we can actually see how it fits.