1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your accessories?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mahoney320, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Mahoney320

Mahoney320 Well-Known Member

I've had my accessories (tie bars, cufflinks, pocket squares, etc.) in a cardboard box for years, and want a better way to store/ present my accessories. How do you guys store your accessories, anything from shoes to ties? As always, a picture is worth a 1,000 words.

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I'm not really into "presenting" accessories, but it's always interesting to hear what other people do, so have a free thread bump.

Personally, I just keep my squares folded & stacked neatly in a drawer. Easy to pull out the stack & choose one. Cufflinks are in another drawer, in one of those standard jewellery shop display trays with its grooves to slot them into. No lid, which means I can just open the drawer, see them all, and quickly make a selection. I bought that tray off ebay for just a few quid, but frankly it's far more useful to me than a pretty box would have been.

3. Master Squirrel

Master Squirrel Senior member

I use a mens "jewelry box" and watch boxes (since I also wear leather bracelets and neck beads).. I use an over the door towel bar set to hold my ties. Pocket squares, cummerbunds and other misc are in the small dresser drawer.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I use a wooden "jewelry" box that has a glass lid. My watches, eyeglasses, and cuff links are stored in them.

5. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have a leather box for cuff links and a leather tray for misc accessories. For pocket squares I have them folded and lying on a small wooden tray on a shelf in my closet. They are fanned out just enough so I can get a glimps of each one. Also, I put fall winter ties, pocket squares, socks and other accessories away in a drawer until next season.

6. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

For belts I like this:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]