• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you explain SF to your friends?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious...

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends who your friends are. Any self-respecting straight man should never mention this place to his sigoth or family.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont

SF is my dirty little secret

K

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its acutally really cool because it makes me look like a worldly guy who knows about all kinds of stuff about clothes, food & drink, movies, books, theater, politics, etc...

All without having to read a paper, see a movie, go to a restaurant, read a book or actually wear anything that looks good.

Styleforum = The crib sheet for my life
blush.gif

K

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't. They probably think I'm gay enough as it is.

But I do concur with VKK's 'crib sheet for life' comment. Seems like there isn't anything I can't ask here and get intelligent, thoughtful answers; anything from relationships and career questions, to computer and alcohol.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've mentioned it here and there, but we've never had a conversation about it. What would we talk about?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
First Rule of Styleforvm: Never talk about styleforvm

True for me. I can't, say, talk about SF at work; I post about work, career direction, that sort of thing here. SF members know more about my predilections and hobbies than most IRL acquaintances, courtesy the veil of semi-anonymity (and my position that you know me better through my writing than my speech), that I would not necessarily want those outside one's 'inner circle' to know.

Having your HR manager check how often you post in the What are You Drinking Now thread and other similar events would limit the freedom that is much of the joy here.

Geez, sorry j! Well, well, the best places are only spoken of word-of-mouth in the most discrete of fashions.

~ Huntsman

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My mother is under the impression that SF's membership is made up of predatory pedophiles (gay ones, obviously).

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about a specific SF pocket-square fold so we can spot each other in the field?

JB

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
...you guys have friends?

(what's it like? to have friends?)

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Luckily, I don't have to explain anything to J. I think he understands.

Everyone else just thinks I'm battling a vicious heroin addiction.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads