• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"House of Cards" Baltimore casting call

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What time is stitchy allowed to come back on the internet? I want to know if the man gnashing his teeth outside of the entrance to the casting hall was him. He was wearing nice darker brown shoes with a whitish film in the creases.

Sunset. And he wouldn't have been able to go out on a casting call on shabbos anyway. Effing anti-Semites!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What time is stitchy allowed to come back on the internet? I want to know if the man gnashing his teeth outside of the entrance to the casting hall was him. He was wearing nice darker brown shoes with a whitish film in the creases.

Sunset. And he wouldn't have been able to go out on a casting call on shabbos anyway. Effing anti-Semites!

:laugh: spot on KO, shabbos ended for me at 8:35.

Shiny

Reaction score
Durn. Would have gone, too. If I hadn't had gotten in, at least I would have met the living legend...Dig.

Dig, a question from the thrft thread: does K&G shorten sleeves at the shoulder seam. I went to mine (in NOVA) and they only did them at the sleeves. If yours does, how much do they charge? May have to make the trek to MD.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

8:35? It must stay lighter longer in the Northwest!

:laugh: there are 3 different legitimate opinions on how many minutes after sunset one has to wait. i abide by the latest and most stringent one.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:laugh: spot on KO, shabbos ended for me at 8:35.
That's what I thought. So that WAS you crying shamelessly by the curb on Greenspring Valley Rd?

Durn. Would have gone, too. If I hadn't had gotten in, at least I would have met the living legend...Dig.
Dig, a question from the thrft thread: does K&G shorten sleeves at the shoulder seam. I went to mine (in NOVA) and they only did them at the sleeves. If yours does, how much do they charge? May have to make the trek to MD.

Living legend? :lol: They do not have the skill to shorten from the sleevehead. Sleeve ends only, I'm afraid.

too bad I only have winter weight suits at the moment.

I don't think it mattered. I had to list all of my sizes on the data sheet. The tux question appeared to be extra credit.

I keep recalling stuff I forgot to post earlier. There was a guy who was clearly in his upper 60's about two rows in front of me who was having trouble with his data sheet. Seems he didn't know what size coat he was wearing so everyone was trying to assess him on the spot. Someone finally suggested that he look at the label inside the pocket of his J.A.B. How can someone make it that far in life without having any clue as to the size of their clothes.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shiny

Reaction score

Living legend? :lol: They do not have the skill to shorten from the sleevehead. Sleeve ends only, I'm afraid./quote]

Sorry to derail this, but would you let them shorten a coat with working sleeve button holes? I've had sleeves shortened and they end up moving the buttons up. To me it looks like they leave a scar even though most people don't notice/care. I know, I'm anal. :satisfied:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry to derail this, but would you let them shorten a coat with working sleeve button holes? I've had sleeves shortened and they end up moving the buttons up. To me it looks like they leave a scar even though most people don't notice/care. I know, I'm anal. :satisfied:

The coat that I am wearing in the pictures above have surgeon's cuffs and were too long. The suit is a thrifted Brooks Brothers custom. I tried to have my usual seamstress fix the sleeves but it was a bit of a mess as it was beyond her ability and she didn't have a buttonholer (amazingly). I had to go to a better tailor to have them done and he hid the original bottom button hole underneath and created a new one at the top. It leaves the buttons dangerously close to the edge of the sleeve but IRL, no one has a clue. I paid $45 for the sleeve shortening and two new working button holes.

I used Marley Tailoring which is near my home. Since he had to repair the damage done by the seamstress, who is more than competent for my usual tailoring needs, I didn't bother asking him about adjusting from the sleevehead.

Last edited:

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads