• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"House of Cards" Baltimore casting call

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No cameras. No pictures with cell phones. Phones completely off while on set. They want it very quiet on set.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot to ask...
How was access to your car? Could you get to it quickly if you needed something?

How secure were any personal belongings during your scene(s)?

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
access to your car will be iffy, depending on how far the holding area is from parking. the people who brought changes of clothing brought them into holding and left everything there. holding area was locked down while everyone was on set and a staffer was present.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'll pack a garment bag. OTOH, I'm probably WAY over-thinking this. :lol:

The reporter scene got pushed back to Sunday. Apparently, some wealthy church-goer extra was all wrong and they had to re-shoot that scene today.

Kidding.
:hide:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need Manton!

Got another call today confirming my availability this Sunday. I was told to dress like a "Herald pool reporter". I asked just to be sure and was told it was a PRINT reporter and not a TV reporter. Apparently it will be in the fore enough that I will not be able to be an extra in any other scenes. Of course, further scenes involving the Herald pool will be an opportunity for me.

So how does a newspaper pool reporter dress? I googled it.

White House press corps. Those boys and girls are in suits, not sport coats.

Pool reporters covering the President in Japan.

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I've got a 7 A.M. call tomorrow morning. I figure I need to be out the door by 4:30 what with all the parking and checking in and such. Here's the wardrobe instruction for my group.

Men: Sportcoats, dress shirts (avoid blue dress shirts of any kind), trousers or dress slacks. No jeans. Business casual or dress shoes and belts. Ties should be conservative, no loud colors or patterns.

I think I'm going with this look to meet their specs.
IMG_20110604_081946.jpg

This will be my backup only with a white shirt (or possibly yellow)
IMG_20120307_080351-1.jpg

More, later.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude Idk where you live, but depending on distance you shouldn't have to leave anywhere near that early. Figure to arrive 45 early, including parking and toured fine.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude Idk where you live, but depending on distance you shouldn't have to leave anywhere near that early. Figure to arrive 45 early, including parking and toured fine.

AACo. About a 20 minute drive in, given the hour and it'll be Sunday morning. That's still between 5 and 6. Can you tell that I'm freaking over this? :lol:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The wardrobe guy changed me out of the navy blazer into my brown/ navy houndstooth that i brought as a backup because it seemed like a cliche. Lucky move on my part but he thinks it's totally too short for me. It covers ****** so I'm good with it. He needed to take a gander at his own shorty peacoat!
Then he picked out the completely wrong tie but I'm just here to do what they say. No word on the PS yet. We'll see.

Lots of sitting, waiting and walking so far.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No call back for me. :violin: I have a friend who was called and then told he wasn't needed. Congrats to Dig and JG. I just wanted the chance to say hello to Kevin Spacey. :cry:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads