1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

hooded sweatshirt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tsloop, Oct 26, 2004.

1. tsloop

tsloop Senior Member

I really need a nice hooded sweatshirt but I have no clue where to look for one, I just need one in solid black or navy. What brands should I be looking for? The only hooded sweatshirts I have owned in the past were russell but that was a long time ago and they were all baggy and loose, I need one that is pretty fitted and slim. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Try American Apparel. If you want to go the designer/premium route, A.P.C. is always reliable, and Paper Denim and Rogan are good. I wear a Helmut Lang hoodie, and the quality and cut are both superb. Personally, for this fall, I ordered burgundy fleece hoodie from fabric8.com (fleece hoodie) that is simple but distinctive.

3. plouc

plouc Member

4. LA Guy

I have lots of actual vintage hoodies. The problem is that, imo, they tend to be a little short in the sleeves, especially if you want them in a trim fit. This is especially true of the 80's styles of the post Rocky era. Usually end up having to roll up my sleeves (otherwise, they would be 3/4 length.)

5. gamelan

gamelan Distinguished Member

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

LA Guy, where would one find a seller of A.P.C.? I have never bought this label before.

On a more related note, I second both the American Apparel and the Helmut Lang route.. get both. You never can have too many hoodies.

7. tsloop

tsloop Senior Member

Where would be the best place to find helmut lang hoodies? I looked on ebay but didnt see any, maybe im just looking wrong.

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Best to wait for big sales or check outlets near major metropolitan areas (LA) if you want to find a Helmut Lang hoodie. On sale, you might get one for $100 - 150. http://www.americanapparelstore.com/5497.html I have never worn one, but I have full trust in AA, enough that I would buy it blindly. The Asphault wash looks great.

9. LA Guy

I picked up my Helmut Lang hoodie for $29 at Filene's basement. Should've picked up two. It's my favorite (hoodie) with a Krones and Kin zip up falling a distant second. APC is available at www.apc.fr, at Barneys Co-op and at selected specialty stores.

10. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Did I mention that I hate everyone who has a Filene's Basement? [​IMG]

11. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Seriously. There isn't a Filenes anywhere near me, whatsoever.

12. tsloop

tsloop Senior Member

I was thinking the same thing, can't we at least get one somewhere close to this half of the US

13. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

On the subject of A.P.C., evidently they make an overcoat which is exactly what I want. Maybe I'll have to save up $602 (which seems cheap, considering I like it more than the Dior Homme overcoat which is $3,000).

14. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Yeah, yeah... I will have to sometime. It's just sad, those of you who don't live in Seattle have no idea of the dearth of good clothing we have here, at least at a discount. I'm sure there are more things available at full retail than I care to know about, but for such an international city we sure are an untapped market.

15. LA Guy

Wait for the sale. Everything except for the denim goes on the website goes on sale (40% off) towards the end of the season. Since SD has no real winter, you can afford to wait.