• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hong Kong shopping and tailors

todesengel

Reaction score
I'm heading to HK in a few days, and I was wondering if any of you knew good places to go for suit/shirt tailoring. I'm looking to get a few dress shirts, and maybe a suit or two tailored there. What range of prices would I be looking at for a good quality suit? What about shirts? Anyone have any tips or suggestions about going through with this?

Also, any suggestions on good places to shop for more casual clothes?

nomovement

Reaction score
I personally don't know; but pm me after your trip-or start a thread so we'll all know. According to my boss, you'll be paying 2-600 for bespoke suits-which'll take about a week....but he's full of **** which is why I'd really like to know how that works out for you.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
jantzen, of course, for value-priced shirts. ah man cheong, ww chan for suits, mayer shoes for custom shoes. i suggest you go to whoever you're going to have your suits/shirts made once you finish checking in your hotel for your fitting. and for shopping, pacific place, the landmark and ifc mall in central are tops, imo.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
jantzen, of course, for value-priced shirts. ah man cheong, ww chan for suits, mayer shoes for custom shoes. i suggest you go to whoever you're going to have your suits/shirts made once you finish checking in your hotel for your fitting. and for shopping, pacific place, the landmark and ifc mall in central are tops, imo.

these are all great suggestions but if you on kowloon side then for normal shopping then i would go habour city on caton rd, zee's leather goods for custom shoes and bags (just dont go with your wife or gf) and if your are brave enough try milan tailors on kimberley rd they are probably the better of the indian tailor and they are more acomedating that the chinese ones esp if you want a fashion based suit (put take lots of pic before you go) and jantzen too are great for shirts! apart form that pm me i will be you guide for the evening!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads