Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hong Kong shopping and tailors

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by todesengel, Jul 31, 2006.

1. todesengel

todesengel Well-Known Member

I'm heading to HK in a few days, and I was wondering if any of you knew good places to go for suit/shirt tailoring. I'm looking to get a few dress shirts, and maybe a suit or two tailored there. What range of prices would I be looking at for a good quality suit? What about shirts? Anyone have any tips or suggestions about going through with this?

Also, any suggestions on good places to shop for more casual clothes?

2. nomovement

nomovement Senior member

I personally don't know; but pm me after your trip-or start a thread so we'll all know. According to my boss, you'll be paying 2-600 for bespoke suits-which'll take about a week....but he's full of shit which is why I'd really like to know how that works out for you.

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Use the search. There are a ton of posts on this exact topic.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

jantzen, of course, for value-priced shirts. ah man cheong, ww chan for suits, mayer shoes for custom shoes. i suggest you go to whoever you're going to have your suits/shirts made once you finish checking in your hotel for your fitting. and for shopping, pacific place, the landmark and ifc mall in central are tops, imo.

5. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

6. Kai

Kai Senior member

WW Chan for suits.

7. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

jantzen, of course, for value-priced shirts. ah man cheong, ww chan for suits, mayer shoes for custom shoes. i suggest you go to whoever you're going to have your suits/shirts made once you finish checking in your hotel for your fitting. and for shopping, pacific place, the landmark and ifc mall in central are tops, imo.

these are all great suggestions but if you on kowloon side then for normal shopping then i would go habour city on caton rd, zee's leather goods for custom shoes and bags (just dont go with your wife or gf) and if your are brave enough try milan tailors on kimberley rd they are probably the better of the indian tailor and they are more acomedating that the chinese ones esp if you want a fashion based suit (put take lots of pic before you go) and jantzen too are great for shirts! apart form that pm me i will be you guide for the evening!