• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

honey

mr.loverman

Reaction score
honey is great. i love it with yogurt or in marinades. make sure its "raw" or unpasteurized . that way all beneficial qualities aren't destroyed by heat. ive been eating this honey for a while. if it crystalizes you can warm it up in the microwave or in a pan of warm water.

http://www.manukahoneyus.com/

it has special healing qualities

http://www.blockislandhoney.com/honey.htm

this is made on an island where there is no large scale agriculture so there is very minimal contamination from pesticides

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
Anyone ever had genuine tupelo honey?

It's almost the only thing you can get down here. It's SO good. There's apiaries all over the place in Apalachicola National Forest. Now that worm grunting season is over, most of the locals are focusing on the tupelo.

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to live in New Zealand. Manuka honey has quite a distinct taste but I really like it. I do find honey too sweet to use very often though. Just personal taste I guess.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Buckwheat or Sage honey on pancakes. There is also a cocktail called the honey thyme which I'd like to try.

~ H

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just discovered yellow box honey, my new favorite.

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
How do you keep honey from crystallizing? I hate buying it in bulk due to this reason.

I think if you just heat it a little, it un-crystallizes.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got some macadamia honey the last time I was in Hawaii - it was delicious.

I've had some honey that I really didn't like: chestnut honey from France - it was extremely dark and rich, and fennel honey from Germany.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
I got some macadamia honey the last time I was in Hawaii - it was delicious. I've had some honey that I really didn't like: chestnut honey from France - it was extremely dark and rich, and fennel honey from Germany.
Macadamia honey? That sounds really interesting. How does it taste? I'll be going to Hawaii in May, is it commonly found on the Big Island?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Macadamia honey? That sounds really interesting. How does it taste? I'll be going to Hawaii in May, is it commonly found on the Big Island?

The taste is subtle and perfect for tea. Or homemade biscuits.

I found it at Island Vintage Coffee Shop in Waikiki. It will certainly be something I'm going to look for when I go to the Big Island in May.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo
I got tupelo honey from here in GA, it is DELICIOUS

Are you getting Weeks Works honey? That's what I get usually. Locally produced here in GA, it's pure, raw honey.

I have a jar of wildflower right now, but will be sure to pick up tupelo next time.

danilo

Reaction score
Xchen: no I got mine from exit 109 off of 75 on the way down or up to Florida in Vienna, GA in a place called 'Ellis Brothers We're Nuts' where they sell the most delicious honey cinnamon pecans I've ever had.

I'm looking for a local bee keeper/honey grower in the area as I'd like to pick up some non-paesturized honey

I like putting honey on top of my french toast/pancakes
or peanut butter sandwich with honey
or a piece of fresh mozzarela cheese with honey on top

I really think honey is amazing, always have a big spoonful with some lime juice if I'm getting sick

Oh and to add things to make with honey, I make home-made salad dressings

My dressing:
some olive oil
some apple cider vinegar
some crushed red pepper
some salt
some pepper
some spicy mustard
some lemon
some honey
sometimes some jamaican habanero mustard hot sauce

S. Magnozzi

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
The taste is subtle and perfect for tea. Or homemade biscuits.

I found it at Island Vintage Coffee Shop in Waikiki. It will certainly be something I'm going to look for when I go to the Big Island in May.

Sounds quite intriguing. I'm rather fond of chestnut honey as an alternative to more 'flowery' ones, especially when drizzled over Greek yoghurt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads