• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
Great overcoat, i do "worry" about two things, though: one is the flapped breast pocket (can´t see no real function in that), the other one the overall length...might be the picture, but it makes you look very short...

I have the same Polo polo as %. A flapped breast is a classic, but more often than not, I wear it tucked in. Mine is also shortened, FWIW.

1118381872_QKdFy-X3.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I like the breast flap on the polo coat, so long as the shape is right, and RL gets it right.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I like the square, the tie and the jacket. I would ditch the shirt.

This but toss the tie in too.
smile.gif

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another cold day in NOLA. I am loving it.

Thought I would get in on all the Gun Club fun today.

Shoulders make a HUGE difference in your fit. This is a good one for you.

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
New office, new (more formal) dress code. New bathroom with same bad lighting.

Nice shoes.
smile.gif

Too bad about the shoulder, because that is a beautiful suit. I would not let that bother me, but I understand.

Wonderful combo today, Greg...as always.

Mike

Originally Posted by TRINI
I dunno man - that suit looks pretty solid.

Originally Posted by Parker
This might be where the subjective/objective line is drawn, but I really like the way the jacket fits your left shoulder, Greg. It's a pleasant slope. Looks like there's too much cloth around the top of the armscye on the other side.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Hmm ... I love the suit too, but to my eye, the shoulder is so obviously bad - it ruins it. But you guys are making me question that ... my tailor thought the shoulder is beyond repair. Get a second opinion? I agree with Parker - if I can get the right to look like the left, I would be very happy.

Originally Posted by Kappelan
Great watch.

cheers.gif

I do not believe in what the old songs say...silence is not as golden as they used to sing! Come on folks, i am sure you find words for that (anything more than "******* ugly" would be a winner)
smile.gif

Since you want feedback (even though this echoes what has already been said) - IMO you could benefit from taking away one or even two elements from your fits. In this case, take away the shirt, and the tie / shirt / PS combo is quite nice. But the shirt makes it all too busy.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come on folks, i am sure you find words for that (anything more than "******* ugly" would be a winner)
smile.gif

071220102797.jpg

Lots of really cool individual pieces, Spoozy, but the combo, for me, results in pattern overload.

I find this recent post of yours much more appealing. It includes fewer competing elements while still making a bold statement.

061220102788.jpg
061220102789.jpg
061220102795.jpg
061220102793.jpg

spoozy

Reaction score
Unbelievable...i am calling you to action and you react in no time...i am a sorcerer...no i tell you, Mike: send me that novelty tie!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks, Spoozy. I like the square, the tie and the jacket. I would ditch the shirt.

Mike

Cheers, Mike. Have been thinking quite some time about the shirt colour...but then again it just matched the colour of the ps quite well in my eyes...but point taken!

Originally Posted by matt22616
I'll bite. Diggin the donegal sportcoat and red bengal stripe, but I think the tie should be either a solid or sparsely dotted navy blue/chocolate brown.

What fabric is the pocket square?

Yes, that seems totally right. Would have a very good alternative.

Originally Posted by odiv
spoozy: Yeah, I'm liking everything except the tie and shirt together.

What about a dark blue one?

Originally Posted by F. Corbera
I have the same Polo polo as %. A flapped breast is a classic, but more often than not, I wear it tucked in. Mine is also shortened, FWIW.

1118381872_QKdFy-X3.jpg

Well, might be a classic, still not liking it. I definitely prefer it tucked in like your twin style brother Vox did. Plus, shortening the coat was a great idea.

Originally Posted by Philip1978
This but toss the tie in too.
smile.gif

How could you possibly tell...?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by gregaz
Since you want feedback (even though this echoes what has already been said) - IMO you could benefit from taking away one or even two elements from your fits. In this case, take away the shirt, and the tie / shirt / PS combo is quite nice. But the shirt makes it all too busy.

Always enjoying feedback coming from a master dresser. The shirt seems to break the thing here...a dark blue one might have been better...

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Lots of really cool individual pieces, Spoozy, but the combo, for me, results in pattern overload.

I find this recent post of yours much more appealing. It includes fewer competing elements while still making a bold statement.

Cheers, Threadbearer. Funny thing you liked the other fit better than this one. On the german Forvm it was just the other way round...interesting to see how cultural differences influence dressing attitudes.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Freakin' Cold today...got myself a rabbit fur hat on the walk home as I picked up my gift for the SF Secret Santa!

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

unbuttoned:
IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

The "I don't give a **** what it looks like cause it keeps my head REALLY warm when its REALLY cold" hat. From a company in Winnipeg...where to them this weather is balmy...
IMG_1937.jpg

HankRearden1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
The "I don't give a **** what it looks like cause it keeps my head REALLY warm when its REALLY cold" hat. From a company in Winnipeg...where to them this weather is balmy...
IMG_1937.jpg

Looks good! As a Winnipegger, I can say sometimes you just need to be warm and wear whatever hat accomplishes that. What company did you get it from?

NOTE: I wouldn't crack that hat out until about -35C/-31F

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoulders make a HUGE difference in your fit. This is a good one for you.

Thanks, Greg. I have big shoulders...I don't need help. I guess I need to stay permanently away from anything padded.

Mike

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HankRearden1
Looks good! As a Winnipegger, I can say sometimes you just need to be warm and wear whatever hat accomplishes that. What company did you get it from? NOTE: I wouldn't crack that hat out until about -35C/-31F
Jesus, thats cold. Its from CrownCap, when I told my wife where it was from she said that she wants to go to Winnipeg in February just to say she did it. I don't know how you guys deal with that cold (and the equally oppressive heat in the summer).

HankRearden1

Reaction score
Jesus, thats cold. Its from CrownCap, when I told my wife where it was from she said that she wants to go to Winnipeg in February just to say she did it. I don't know how you guys deal with that cold (and the equally oppressive heat in the summer).

I'm convinced it's the low cost of living that keeps people here. That's all I can come up with
lol8[1].gif

It's definitely not the vast array of good clothing stores.
baldy[1].gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker

Nice monks Spoo; really good shape to them.

Probably the last time I wear the suit, however ... I do have a slightly dropped shoulder, but for whatever reason this cut really exaggerates it, and it bugs me.

I see what you mean. If it bugs you, it bugs you, and you'll always notice it, so you should get rid. Shame though, because I think it's a cool suit.

Just one thing, which I think I mentioned to UC a few weeks or so ago. Is it a true dropped shoulder due to an old injury/nerve palsy, or is it "just" superficiial due to muscle tension secondary to bad posture/ergonomics at somewhere you sit regularly. I sometimes get the latter giving the appearance of a dropped shoulder until a good massage loosens everything up again. It doesn't go completely, but it does lessen the appearance of the drop quite a bit. In fact, my regular SF photos are quite a sensitive way of noticing when I next need to book in an appointment!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Threadbearer

I agree with Threadbearer, spoozy. You have some really nice items (I like the shirt and jacket especially), but the way you put them together is often kaleidoscopically surreal. And remember, that's coming from me, with my own hallucinogenically eclectic approach to colour/pattern co-ordination.

Freakin' Cold today...got myself a rabbit fur hat...

Man, that hat is awesome. By coincidence, I had rabbit for dinner. It's good to know someone is making use of the fur, too.
smile.gif

Blue day, to match the colour of my fingernails in the cold....
wink.gif

dec07005.jpg

ville_e

Reaction score
IMG_1937.jpg

Awesome hat!! Who is it by?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads