Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Hello everyone!....new fellow here. A little new to the style world. Here is my rookie work. [​IMG]

Welcome! If thats rookie work, I cant wait to see the rest. Im feelin both of those.

2. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Hello everyone!....new fellow here. A little new to the style world. Here is my rookie work. [​IMG]

airmissionretro?

3. Doral

Doral Senior member

[​IMG]

I like this look a lot. Details on the shoes please [​IMG]

4. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

That is one smashing debut. Welcome.

5. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm always glad to see Spoo's Tom Ford-era Gucci lapels

Effendi, all I can add to the chorus of everyone else on this is that I suspect you're really a 6x4 jacket fellow; it would make you look even more refined

However this suit turns out, the process is always eye-opening and I'm certain that your future efforts will turn out to be rather special, since you already have your aesthetic down pat

Agreed on those lapels for Spoo. I'm definitely going that route for whatever I get next, which will be a long, long time from now.

The suit was fun to make. I got worried after seeing complains from everyone in MC, took a bunch of pics and was about to take it to the tailor to be 'fixed', only to find out it's fine and perfectly proportioned as is, with no button problems at all once I axed the top row (the bottom four are indeed lined up correctly). I look better in other stuff but I don't think that this suit is a mess at all like more than a couple tried to say. I think the real moral of the story is don't take bad robot pics.

As far as going 6x4, I think I'm done with making DB suits.
    [​IMG]
    Like the top half a lot, not a fan of the casual fit this time with the polo and cargo pants.

Looks good from here, would be nice to see the whole thing.

6. Rada

Rada Senior member

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

impressive debut indeed... I'm looking forward to seeing more from you

7. black_nostaljack

black_nostaljack Member

airmissionretro?

whats up Ni !!! [​IMG]

8. forex

forex Senior member

whats up Ni !!! [​IMG]

I look forward to cooler days,it has been so hot in ATL that I don't even remember when I last wore a jacket or suit.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

don't be sad. it brings the money for the next trip.

in my book, the metal eyelets provide a "sporty" vibe...

pink/rosa is underrated here. i like.

We can only hope it brings the money, Fritzl. It gets lonely standing on the corner all day... [​IMG]

I love those lapels. My goodness, those socks certainly "shout". Very dapper, as always.

Welcome back CP! How was your trip?

I
    Spoo, you had me until the ankles. LOL.

Mike

You guys and my socks, I swear. [​IMG] You do know you are the only ones who see them all day, right?

I love the monster lapels on this jacket!

[​IMG] Thanks w.o.e. - A strong headwind and I can clear a 10 foot hurdle, Mary Poppins style.

I'm always glad to see Spoo's Tom Ford-era Gucci lapels

Thanks Barima!

..​

Are the shoes C&J Rosemoor in tan calf?? Im eyeballing those at the Bodileys sale.... *sigh*

Agreed on those lapels for Spoo. I'm definitely going that route for whatever I get next, which will be a long, long time from now.

Thanks man!​

10. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

whats up Ni !!! [​IMG]

ha - i thought that was you holmes. welcome to the boards. full shots will be def appreciated.

lots to learn here!!

11. arc

arc Senior member

My first WAYWRN post. [​IMG] The ladyfriend (not pictured, sorry gents) was graduating from university, so I went for something fairly low-key but still lively and appropriate for the surprisingly wonderful London summer weather. At least that was the goal. I can't decide if I succeeded. Thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

^^^^

I like it. I would have gone with a stronger/darker tie, though. It sort of gets lost in the light/the color of your pants & shirt.

13. landshark

landshark Senior member

My first WAYWRN post. [​IMG] The ladyfriend (not pictured, sorry gents) was graduating from university, so I went for something fairly low-key but still lively and appropriate for the surprisingly wonderful London summer weather. At least that was the goal. I can't decide if I succeeded. Thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks great. The camera doesn't pick up the color in your tie very well though. I would have gone with something with a bit more red/orange on the tie to balance with your shoes.

14. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Another round of Trad Tuesday. Polo shirt and SC. J.Crew pants, vintage Florsheim Imperial Gunboats, unnamed tie.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like what I see here, but would have liked a full shot to pull all of the elements together. The gunboats are fine, and the bow suits the outfit well. Good stuff!

Not exactly a tailored look today, but what the hell, I'll post it... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Geez, sorry Holdfast, but a rare miss on this one. I don't care for the jeans (too long and I think I see a bit too much of your package) a whole lot, and the shirt is a little disco. Again, I am gritting my teeth as I say this as you are one of my favorite posters, but...

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.