• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So they are owned by the real Church's and not the Prada Church's

What's a Prada Church?
puzzled.gif

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More for you guys. Is this Cheaney?
(heel is a keystone) And this is Alfred Sargent, right?
Finally, while we're on Peals, I have a pair of suede cap toes that I always had in my head that they were made by Alden. But I realize that's moronically impossible. They have that Alden-looking heel bed, a keystone heel, and fonted writing that looks handwritten (though not in script, like Church's). Would that be C&J? Cheaney? Wish I had pics, but sadly no.

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Cheaney for sure, and then Church's, I think.

No idea regarding the Peals without a pic, sorry!

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen Crockett & Jones shoes with a cloth tag like this before? I'm trying to figure out what the model is, and how old they are as well. According to the C&J website, 1980 was when the "logo reverted to the original typeface used in the 1890’s", but it doesn't say from what the logo changed.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cheaney for sure, and then Church's, I think.

No idea regarding the Peals without a pic, sorry!

I will try to get shots of the Peals in question.

Are you sure about Church's for the second pair? I've never seen that typeface on Church's before.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will try to get shots of the Peals in question.

Are you sure about Church's for the second pair? I've never seen that typeface on Church's before.

I second Brummie (which I am also, but three generations removed), they look like Church's.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love some help with these. Britches of Georgetown (I know in the past they carried EG before, though I know these aren't EG). Originally thought they were Alden, then C&J, now I just don't know. No discernible "Made in England/US" stamp that I can tell, and they don't appear to have the Alden raised footbed.

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After some more searching in this thread, now they seem like they might be Cheaney, with the distinction being that Cheaney has the row of 3 nails in the front, while C&J has that row plus another single nail in the back. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming they're Cheaney now.

Would love some help with these. Britches of Georgetown (I know in the past they carried EG before, though I know these aren't EG). Originally thought they were Alden, then C&J, now I just don't know. No discernible "Made in England/US" stamp that I can tell, and they don't appear to have the Alden raised footbed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads