• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, a little help please..Gucci suit label..who might the maker be?
8ef4536a0e252c0ddce429083e8f2991.jpg

This looks like Zegna to me. Anyone?

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post 873 has the answer. Zegna.

Hey Wes, jinx!

Last edited:

OrionTX

Reaction score
Any idea on the maker? I thought Church's made their own shoes.

I have a pair of shoes with similar labeling. I bought them at a Church's store 15 -20 years ago. Where yours say Handmade, mine say Genuine Cordovan. The tops look like Hanover PTBs. I am still trying to determine the maker.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Any idea on the maker? I thought Church's made their own shoes.

I have a pair of shoes with similar labeling. I bought them at a Church's store 15 -20 years ago. Where yours say Handmade, mine say Genuine Cordovan. The tops look like Hanover PTBs. I am still trying to determine the maker.
Could you post pics of the soles, heels and sidewall numbers?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now I'm confused? Which shoes are you talking about? The Loafers or the PTBs? Are the PTBs the ones with the Church's logos? Try google chrome out, it may make your quoting problems go away.

OrionTX

Reaction score
Now I'm confused? Which shoes are you talking about? The Loafers or the PTBs? Are the PTBs the ones with the Church's logos? Try google chrome out, it may make your quoting problems go away.
My PTBs have a Church's logo in the heel similar to capnwes's penny loafers, and a sole/heel similar to catside's Barrie shoes.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strange, I know Barrie custom grade shoes were made by Church's. Those, though, state Made in England. A pair of Barrie shell PTBs were definitely done by Hanover since Wes found the same sole on a shoe bought from Hanover outlet. These though with the dovetail heel?? I wondered about Alden (which Barrie had a loong relationship) or Hanover (which I believe Barrie did not sell). Did not think Church's made these since they were decidedly American construction.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's what I am thinking. I found a pair of Bostonians a week or so ago with the same heel. It was the Shell PTB model made by Hanover. The thing is, I have never personally seen that heel on a pair of Hanover's....not to say it never happened...I just haven't seen it yet. My vote is Hanover, based on that heel evidence and also the stitching on the vamp..... although I am amazed that they made shoes for Church's..

joycemik

Reaction score
I would like to ask if somebody could help me about a pair of beautiful brown suede shoes that i saw in a shop window. But i try and i can´t figure out what brand they really are.
They have written on the hee(not leather)l the word Jubilee and the initials IPS or LPS below. The sole is brown cherry all leather and they say inside the shoes Made in the county of Northamptonshire.
If anyone could give me any ideas i would be grateful.
Many thanks
Regards

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would like to ask  if somebody could help me about a pair of  beautiful brown suede shoes that i saw in a shop window. But i try and i can´t figure out what brand they really are.
They have written on the  hee(not leather)l the word Jubilee and the initials IPS or LPS below. The sole is brown cherry all leather and they say inside the shoes Made in the county of Northamptonshire.
If anyone could give me  any ideas i would be grateful.
Many thanks
Regards

You need to provide pictures of the interior lining & the heels/soles.

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Sorry for the pic quality, but anyone recognise the maker of these Paul Smith suede wholecuts? There's no other markings beyond what I've shown, and a simple 'Paul Smith' on the sock liner...

Thanks in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads