• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have to say Faconnable is producing some quality products. The suits and SCs are are now made by Caruso (not Cantarelli), made in Italy ties (by Breuer?) and Made in Italy shoes as well as some by AE. A great brand if you can find it on discount.

Good to know. I never find anything but shirts and chinos.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Think you'll find it's the seal of Eton College - not only does it have the coat of arms of Eton (beneath Mary), it also has the Latin

SIGILLU COMMUNE PREPOSITI COLLEGII REGULUS BEATE MARIE DE ETON (The Royal College of St. Mary).

Mary is surrounded by angels holding the arms of Henry VI.

No doubt your ex-Senator must have been an old Etonian. Further to that, the seal is not in popular usage today so I would suggest that the buttons certainly are a lot closer to that 1820 date than 1975.

Great work Ich_Dien. That's really interesting. I wonder how many Senator have been Old Etonians. Can't have been that many; it might be possible to id the former owner.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Bought this a while back, now a bit suspicious upon taking pictures. I been duped, right?

Unless Aquascutum moved production to Korea... :facepalm:

JL3212

Reaction score
This label from a Faconnable sport coat was posted earlier in the thread, but I don't think there ever was an agreement about the maker. If there was or if someone knows the label, can someone help me out? An Ebay listing says its Cantarelli but it doesn't match the other Cantarelli labels I've seen.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump guys, but does anybody recognise this label (presumably Italian)? I've looked at my own collection, and ruled out Zegna, Brioni, LB, Caruso, Canali, Cantarelli and Corneliani. Yet I'm sure I've seen it before. It is driving me bonkers.

The cloth was by LP, if that helps.

Acme

Reaction score
^Looks a lot like Gruppo GFT to me. They're a contract manufacturer, and they made a lot of Armani Mani products, among other things.

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump guys, but does anybody recognise this label (presumably Italian)? I've looked at my own collection, and ruled out Zegna, Brioni, LB, Caruso, Canali, Cantarelli and Corneliani. Yet I'm sure I've seen it before. It is driving me bonkers.

The cloth was by LP, if that helps.

Someone just posted a crappy Valentino Uomo tux with this exact label just now. In the thirft finds thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads